Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

For those of you who have given birth in birthing centres

(7 Posts)
elliejjtiny Thu 14-Feb-13 16:17:28

I had a 3 hour discharge with DS2 and DS3 in hospital. I changed into pyjamas after my post birth bath and came home in them too.

Nicky1306 Thu 14-Feb-13 13:46:15

I've done the same visualise......but it just dawned on me I didn't have any clothes packed to come home in! Thanks for all the replies have now packed leggings and a long jumper to come home in (where I shall promptly change back into Jarmies!) x

I wore a nightdress with baggy black pajama bottoms, and a black long length cardigan.

I did actually pack two bags. One bag for staying at the birth centre, with the basics in. And then another bigger bag with loads of extras just in case I had to be transferred to the hospital as we live 2 hours drive (1 hour from the birth centre) from the big hospital. That big one stayed in the boot of the car for the last month of pregnancy. And I kept the smaller one near at all times. I like to be prepared!!

rumtumtugger Thu 14-Feb-13 12:33:30

My maternity jeans and a maternity top

dinkystinky Thu 14-Feb-13 12:05:37

Pjs - then yoga trousers, jumper and coat to go home.

Jollyb Thu 14-Feb-13 12:03:06

Yoga pants, vest top and cardigan. Good luck

Nicky1306 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:01:17

I'm planning on giving birth at the birthing centre in the hospital.....what did you change into after you had had baby ? There is a 6 hour discharge where we are going so do I pack Jarmies for those 6 hours? With DD1 I stayed overnight so packed all the usual hospital bag bits for a 1-2 night stay x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now