Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after miscarriage

(16 Posts)
elsabel Tue 12-Feb-13 22:07:29

black just want to add after you saying that the bleeding has been quite heavy that maybe you should go back to doctors and get it checked sooner, dont want to worry you but if you have miscarried then they may be able to help you through it. You need to do what makes it easier for you and waiting another 2 weeks may make it more difficult physically and emotionally, just a thought x

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 12-Feb-13 20:33:46

Congrats Mrs; I am pretty sure it is a miscarriage and also that I don't want to try again for a very long time. Can't risk another one in quick succession! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy x

MrsJLS85 Tue 12-Feb-13 07:43:20

Hi, just wanted to say sorry to hear your news, if it is indeed mc, which is sounds like. Last summer I mc'd 2 months in a row and it was devastating. Fell pregnant again the next month, 3rd month trying, and now I'm 25 weeks and things are going well, so don't give up hope. Just take care and rest xx

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 12-Feb-13 06:56:00

Thank you elsabel. The bleeding seems to have tailed off but it was pretty heavy so don't know if/how it can be possible to still be pregnant. Will try and keep myself distracted until scan in two weeks time x

elsabel Mon 11-Feb-13 19:14:02

He may mean that IF the worst is happening then you need to rest and be kind to yourself. Obviously everyones different but i had a couple of weeks off work as it was very draining. I dont know if resting would make a difference to the outcome but you really should be xx

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 11-Feb-13 18:57:10

Thank you ladies. I was just told by the doctor to rest but there is no way I can have any more time off work. Doc said to assume I'm still pg. Wish he hadn't said that as I'd completely given up hope! How important is it to rest? If it's going it's going, right? Would resting help it to stay there?!

knittingirl Mon 11-Feb-13 16:23:31

I'm really sorry, (((hugs)))

Franimal Mon 11-Feb-13 16:00:11

I am so sorry for you Black, the same thing happened to me last week ;-( fingers crossed for next time x

ThroughTheRoundWindow Sun 10-Feb-13 20:38:54

I'm sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself, x

elsabel Sun 10-Feb-13 18:29:35

Good luck and take care blackholes x

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 10-Feb-13 18:19:34

Thank you, yes I did have a negative test two weeks after the mc, with the one given to me by the EPAU. I also had very strong pregnancy symptoms this time! Oh well, obviously this is not meant to be. Will wait a good few months before trying again I think. Thanks again x

Floweroct Sun 10-Feb-13 16:07:07

Sorry black, did you get -ve test after miscarriage I was still showing up positive test 4 weeks after my mc so could it have just been previous pregnancy hormones and just af?

Such a horrible time x

3rdtimelucky73 Sun 10-Feb-13 16:00:07

Sorry to hear that Black xx

elsabel Sun 10-Feb-13 15:56:31

Didnt want to read this thread then bypass it..im sorry xx

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 10-Feb-13 15:16:54

Well- question answered. More bleeding, red this time, and more cramps sad

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 10-Feb-13 13:49:31

I mc on 1st january, had ovulation signs on 20th, then positive test last weds. I'm posting because I just had (apologies tmi) blood stained mucous. How normal us this? Could I be losing another pregnancy? I have a dull period ache too but it doesn't seem to be coming in waves like it did when I miscarried sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now