Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks & all symptoms have disappeared - should i be worried?

(15 Posts)
Happysurprise Sat 09-Feb-13 20:26:59

At 4 weeks I was very itchy (never had this before) got sicky, very sore & enlarged boobs plus felt fatigued. All of my symptoms have gone for the past 2 days. Now 6wks + 1. Is this a bad sign? No bleeding or cramping. Also would taking a digital test help, one that indicates how many weeks,or do the pregnancy hormones hang around, so the result would read positive regardless?

BusyTiredAndLoveIt Sat 09-Feb-13 20:37:19

Ive Had no symptoms at 6 weeks and have a baby.

And I've had no symptoms at 6 weeks and I mc

I'm afraid all pg are very different. And being pg, your hormones are changing all the time.so symptoms change.

But no bleeding is obviously a brilliant sign.

A digital test (or any other tbh) is no good at this point as I still had a positive pg test after I mc(was hoping beyond hope)

Maybe get in touch with your mw and see what she says. Care seems to vary across the country so your nhs may take blood/scan or may not. But worth an ask.

Fingers crosses for you x

RoxyLady Sat 09-Feb-13 20:49:09

Agree. Go and get your hormones levels tested
I was the same my symptoms went abd came bak and went.

Happysurprise Sat 09-Feb-13 20:57:52

Roxylady, was yrs all ok in the end? Can yr GP test hormone levels?

RoxyLady Sat 09-Feb-13 21:02:05

I actually went and had frst test, then they wait a few days and test you again to check the growth. However, i had a bleed
Inbetween tests and they sent me for a scan.

RoxyLady Sat 09-Feb-13 21:02:23

And baby was fine!!!

Happysurprise Sat 09-Feb-13 21:07:44

That's hopeful then. Thanks. Just v worried & was really excited.

Happysurprise Sat 09-Feb-13 21:18:20

ANYONE else experienced this and what was the outcome? Booked in for first Dr appt Tuesday but may go in Monday now.

Girraferama Sat 09-Feb-13 21:34:17

Hiya, I had symptoms on and off for a week or so then had about a week (at about6 weeks) with nothing. Week 7 came and suddenly had full-blown nausea! Try not to worry x

gloti Sat 09-Feb-13 21:35:37

I started with sore boobs and being very sick at week 6.All symptoms disappeared for 3 days at around week 8 and I panicked!
I had an early scan privately and everything looked ok. then three symptoms came back with a vengeance!!!!
I am now 15 weeks and everything is going well (fingers crossed)
Try not to worry and if you need reassurance speak to your doctor.
All the best xxx

RFLmum Sat 09-Feb-13 21:38:44

Had a couple of days when I felt queasy in all my pregnancies but was otherwise symptomless throughout - and one of those was twins - so it needn't be a problem at all. Congratulations.

Happysurprise Sat 09-Feb-13 21:39:14

Thanks for your positive experiences smile I thought people weren't commenting because it signified bad news. Booked in for first appt Tuesday. Fingers crossed xxx

cinnamonbun Sat 09-Feb-13 21:39:27

This happened to me at 7 weeks - up until then I had nausea and my boobs were sore and then the symptoms just disappeared. Had a scan at 8 weeks and everything was fine. I know it's hard not to but please try not to worry. I think it's quite common. And both the breast tenderness and nausea is now back...

lucybrad Sun 10-Feb-13 17:56:22

i googled the exact same thing about three weeks ago - came back with a vengance and has stayed for the last three weeks less one day lol

surprise11871 Sun 10-Feb-13 21:52:28

hi sorry your worried but welcome to motherhood i just wanted to add my experience i had two mmc so on my third pregnancy was very worried at 4 weeks like you i had plenty of symptoms at 6 weeks they completely disappeared i went to gp who checked my hcg levels 2 days apart for 2 weeks n they were definitely doubling then at 9 weeks my symptoms came bk with avengance n i had bad sickness till 14 weeks some days they went then came back the next! if you are worried ask your gp to take your blood and check hormone levels i hope you can just for peace of mind! oh i have a 5 week old from that pregnancy and the worry is still there just for different reasons so mine was a good outcome this time and congratulations wishing you the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now