Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Period type pains after weeing?

(11 Posts)
BraveLilBear Mon 11-Feb-13 11:35:43

Me too - and I'm only 17 weeks. I tend to get it especially first thing in the morning ie after a full night of bladder being full. I can feel the uterus shifting back down. It's not painful as such, just very uncomfortable.

Totally different to UTI pains or period pains, but very very similar to round ligament pain, hence why I wasn't worried. Also had urine checked last week so not that. I thought it would be a 2nd tri thing tho! Seems maybe not!

SoYo Mon 11-Feb-13 11:09:40

I get it too, have done since about 32 weeks. It's completely normal but a pain in the ass, especially in the middle of the night!

Jojobump1986 Mon 11-Feb-13 01:02:11

I get this sometimes too - I'm only 23 weeks & have been getting it for a while. I'm pretty sure it's just things readjusting to fill the space taken by the full bladder! I'm relatively sure I don't have a UTI.

milkyjo Sun 10-Feb-13 22:59:45

Not pains but I get braxton hicks after weeing... Every time! I'm 35 weeks but had it for about 4 weeks.

redwellybluewelly Sun 10-Feb-13 20:06:41

Yup. I'm 23weeks and had this for a while, 4-5 weeks. IlI'll mention it to MW when I see her next week as I hadnt considered it might be a UTI.

Crmmum Sun 10-Feb-13 12:18:41

Dehydration can bring on contraction like pains... Make sure you are drinking plenty water x

SneezySnatcher Sun 10-Feb-13 08:45:06

I get this too (am 32 weeks) and I got it with last pregnancy too. No idea why but it's definitely not a UTI (am being monitored for PE so have urine sent to the lab every week)!

Nicky1306 Sat 09-Feb-13 13:54:40

It's not a uti, I had my mw apt on weds dip test was clear x

loveschocolate Sat 09-Feb-13 13:43:55

Yes,plus fairly strong BH. Your midwife will be checking your urine at each appointment so if it's been done recently I wouldn't worry too much.

brainonastick Sat 09-Feb-13 13:27:58

Are you sure it isn't a uti? Worth mentioning to your midwife or gp...

Nicky1306 Sat 09-Feb-13 13:26:23

This is driving me mad now, I'm 39 weeks had this for about 2-3 weeks I'm assuming it's just my body getting ready for everything smile I get dull type period pains in my stomach and back after going for a wee, does anyone get the same? X x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now