Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gestational Diabetes low blood sugar?

(4 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Sun 10-Feb-13 00:27:24

Thanks both of you...

I actually felt rotten and had low blood sugar all day but now feel better and it was 5.1 after dinner so back to normal I hope!

Not on any medication, so hoping it was just a growth spurt smile

It's unlikely to harm the baby, but will make you feel rotten - try having a small glass of fresh orange or about 4 wine gums/jelly babies, or a digestive biscuit or similar. About 10 to 15g carbs should bring you back up to normal.

It can be caused by the baby having a growth spurt smile

Apanicaday Sat 09-Feb-13 18:06:14

I've had a very similar thing happen (I posted about it last week), although mine wasn't that low, but was about 2.5 lower than normal. Are you on medication, because I think it's more of a problem if you are? Looking back, mine was mostly because I'd been running around a lot the days before, and also because my boobs were having some sort of crazy growth spurt, which was obviously using up a lot of energy. Did you eat differently yesterday?

If you don't start feeling better, or if it happens again, it might be worth calling your diabetes nurse.

curiousgeorgie Sat 09-Feb-13 12:56:04

Hi all,

This morning I had my usual Cheerios & skim milk (same breakfast everyday even pre pregnancy) and usually get between a 5 and a 6 two hours after breakfast. All other readings have been fine.

Today I have a headache, I feel sick and while preparing some food for DD I almost fainted and my blood is a 3.6.

Is this something to be concerned about? It's the same as I always eat...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now