Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

just for fun :)

(62 Posts)
mrsR1991 Fri 08-Feb-13 16:21:11

i would like to know everyones cravings smile with my daughter i craved fresh lemon and anything lemon flavoured. with this pregnancy i have suddenly got a craving for brocolli cheese and (not sure on spelling) potato daughinoise! so very different. what were/are your cravings? any weird ones? xx

FoofFighter Fri 15-Feb-13 12:58:36

Had a mini fad for guacamole the last couple days smile not got any left though boohoo so no delicousness for me today sad

fatandlumpy Sun 17-Feb-13 06:13:29

Full fat milk....

... strange as I'm lactose intolerant.

(shrugs, then farts....*)

*apologies.

sparkle101 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:01:35

With dd it was orange juice, pepperami and prawn cocktail crisps. Serious aversions to McDonald's, salad and a certain type of washing product which I couldn't narrow down. Dh does the washing and sometimes the smell of my newly washed clothes would make me wretch.

With this one, lemonade still for a while, now onto um bongo, and yesterday I ate 5 packets of wotsits in a row. In good news we worked out the fabric conditioner that was making me heave in both pregnancies and that has been banished to the back of the cupboard for another 6 months!

Oh and with both pregnancies it's been sweets, like penny sweet/pick and mix type things. Cue a £25 box of sweets ordering!

cupcake78 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:09:00

Big strawberry sweetsgrin. Cheese, cheese oh and more cheese please. Celery, cherry tomatoes, apples oh how I love apples!

Salty Pringles, peanut butter, lemons of any form. Did I mention apples and cheese grin

With ds it was olives, strawberries, ice and the smell of rubber.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sun 17-Feb-13 10:40:30

I was all about the roast beef and gravy when pregnant with DS and I was still anaemic!

Nothing so far this time.

ratbagcatbag Sun 17-Feb-13 11:02:53

First trimester - cereal, buckets of it, anything sweetened, so coco pops, frosties etc. pints and pints of crusha raspberry milkshake, monster munch and tomato soup. Fresh orange juice (like three cartons per day)

Second tri - as above with chocolate, anything chocolate.

Now (34weeks) - milkshake, ready salted crisps on slabs of thick bread and butter and more chocolate which now gives me indigestion. Orange fanta.

Went completely off dinners ad still to really loving them even now.

redredwine84 Mon 18-Feb-13 10:34:14

Haribo's (the sour ones!) mmmmm. I had the little 10p packets stuffed everywhere!

Similar to another poster I haven't had cravings as such, more foods that I want to eat loads of, get bored and then move on I something else

So far it's been, tomatoes - baby plum tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato soup. Fizzy-rot your teeth sweets. Cherry bakewells, pickled onion monster munch, Granny Smith apples, cheese scones.
At the moment I'm eating loads of pickles - chutney, gherkins, beet root and ice cream. What a cliche!!

34 weeks!

Fairlygrounded Mon 18-Feb-13 21:32:29

Sweets! Sour tangfastics, liquorice oh and mini-eggs smile

Can87 Tue 19-Feb-13 05:56:22

Mine was orange juice in the 1st/2nd trimester (I do still slightly crave this but now just gives me horrible heartburn)

And currently seems to be SS milk & bourbon biscuits, I'm getting through 4 pints of milk in less than 2days! DH isn't impressed as there's no milk left when he goes for a coffee, opsie!
Hmmm... 6 in the morning, too early for bourbons??? Xx

DanniiH Tue 19-Feb-13 10:58:36

Ds - got a massive sweet tooth (not normal for me). Needed McDonald's strawberry milk shakes a couple of times.

Current pregnancy- malt loaf. Don't fancy anything much at the moment but hoping for a random craving soon!

I knew someone who couldn't stand the colour brown in one of her pregnancies!

DaveMccave Tue 19-Feb-13 13:44:52

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but with DD it was insane. Cravings were pineappke fritters, cream cakes and doughnuts, and Cadbury creme eggs. I had major aversion to cheese and tuna. No healthy cravings!

This time no aversions, and I'm loving mash/boiled potatoes with tinned (?!) peas and gravy, cottage pie, and fresh fruit, particularly apples and fresh orange juice ice lollies, and strawberry volvic water. Very different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now