Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

just for fun :)

(62 Posts)
mrsR1991 Fri 08-Feb-13 16:21:11

i would like to know everyones cravings smile with my daughter i craved fresh lemon and anything lemon flavoured. with this pregnancy i have suddenly got a craving for brocolli cheese and (not sure on spelling) potato daughinoise! so very different. what were/are your cravings? any weird ones? xx

SamraLee Fri 08-Feb-13 17:36:46

sunnyJust a heads up I was craving ice when pregnant and I ended up with severe anemia. Only to find out later craving ice was actually a symptom!

Msbluesky32 Fri 08-Feb-13 17:39:48

Salt and vinegar crisps and sparkling elderflower in first trimester - I think it was linked to morning sickness. I have very low blood pressure too so I think the salt was something to do with the crisp craving.

Now I'm 31 weeks I can't get enough malt loaf -something I hadn't eaten since I was a little girl until recently. Also ovaltine, there is definitely a malt theme ...

On the flip side I cannot stand chilli in anything now- and this is a person who owns a massive bag of chilli flakes and heaped it into everything that vaguely resembled a savoury dish

sunnysunnyshine Fri 08-Feb-13 17:46:15

Thanks samra . I had actually heard this but when I asked my midwife she said it wasn't true. It would explain the tiredness though... Getting bloods done in a couple of days so we shall see...

Dexidoo Fri 08-Feb-13 17:51:39

Sour sweets- haribo, sherbet lemons etc I have a constantly sore tongue to show for it!

butterflybuns Fri 08-Feb-13 17:51:58

Salt and vinegar crisps and fizzy drinks, especially in first trimester but mainly to combat morning sickness. With all of them it's been cake and chocolate- any excuse! I love the smell of insulin though (am a nurse) maybe my body's trying to tell me something.

cwtchontoast Fri 08-Feb-13 17:52:40

Marmite on toast, and anything anyone mentions that I don't have in the house. Also KFC. pretty much everything really blush.

rosiedays Fri 08-Feb-13 18:07:34

first trimester i tasted in colours!!! so weird! now bacon! (not good as i'm muslim!!!) and ANY liquid.... When i need to drink I HAVE to drink don't care what or Who's. LOL

BelleEtLaBaby Fri 08-Feb-13 18:20:48

Pork fat. Really well cooked. On a chop, a roast, a scratching, any way you like smile

Have hg again so my tastes are really specific sad

Oranges and protein heavy foods like chicken breast and steak in the first trimester. Now, absolutely anything that won't give me acid reflux.... so porridge basically!

So strange rache1s fizzy fanta or any fizzy orange drink was my only craving with my dd!! Aside from that I had more aversions then cravings

Dolallytats Fri 08-Feb-13 21:05:54

I'm 16+5 with No3 and i've never had a craving-feel a bit left out!!

I'm not sure i would call it a craving but I have drank loads of fanta and eaten loads of satsumas. I really want a pic and mix right now but I'm the kind of person when not pregnant to have eating fads where I eat loads of one thing then don't eat it again for ages so not sure how to distinguish that with a craving iykwim

LoganMummy Fri 08-Feb-13 21:39:29

With DS it was Heinz Spaghetti Hoops - ate them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I'm currently 23+4 and all I want is as much food as possible. I'm just sooooo hungry! grin

itsmyfirsteek Fri 08-Feb-13 22:04:15

I haven't eaten meat in 25 years and I crave bacon sarnies! The craving was really strong for 4 weeks and I gave in on new years day and haven't looked back since!

mrsR1991 Sat 09-Feb-13 09:01:54

well my brocolli cheese craving is continuing! i made myself some yesterday and all morning i have thought of nothing else so may just have to go make some... smile yum! xx

LouiseD29 Sat 09-Feb-13 10:27:47

Heinz tomato soup!

MyNameIsLola Sat 09-Feb-13 10:36:13

First time I craved fish constantly, I'm vegetarian!

Second time was tomatoes.

Third time I didn't really have any cravings in particular.

This time is fruit, especially grapes and nectarines. At least it's healthy I guess.

SeriousStuff Sat 09-Feb-13 12:35:51

MsBluesky ...following on form my previous post, I think my body definitely needs salt! Went to a dinner party last night and on the way, had to stop for petrol. I sat in the car hoovering up a filthy packet of salt and vinegar crisps! My 'I'm going to eat so healthy' has been catapulted out the window!)

At the meal, I ate a tiny sugar flower off a cake and immediately felt sick. Saliva rushing to my mouth...so I'm definitely off sweet things of any kind!

twinklesparkles Sat 09-Feb-13 13:04:50

Everything smile

With ds, it was mcdonalds, and sweets (particularly refreshers... Multicoloured morning sickness!!)

With dd (32 weeks now) , its everything ... Just need food grin peking duck pancakes are going down particularly well at the moment .. And sweets smile

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 09-Feb-13 13:27:08

Mine change, although salt and vinegar crisps are a favourite.

At the moment I crave cheese and pickle sandwiches, but it has been cereal, ice lollies and haribo sweets.

Giddypants Sat 09-Feb-13 15:15:16

DS- gravey grannuals, and mustard (can't stand the stuff now)
DC 2 chilli con carne mmmmm

NAR4 Sat 09-Feb-13 20:05:06

Craved coke with my first and seriously feared I would have no teeth left by the time I had him.

I had no cravings with my second but DH seriously craved raw onions. He didn't even like onions before.

No cravings with my third but couldn't stand the smell of lamb. DH was banned from eating it throughout my pregnancy.

DC 4 and 5 I loved mashed potato.

mrsR1991 Mon 11-Feb-13 11:39:13

someone mentioned cheese and pickle sandwhiches.. i am now thinking of nothing but that and yes my brocolli cheese lol!! xx

BraveLilBear Mon 11-Feb-13 13:03:33

I'm in the extreme fad camp. Current fad is for cheese ploughmans sandwiches. Cheese salad or cheese and pickle just won't stick it for me. And cheese and onion crisps (the stronger the better) and strawberry cream pencils - those red sweets with white fondanty stuff in the middle.

Also, sparkling water or anything fizzy - still drinks, esp water, make me feel sick.

mrsR1991 Fri 15-Feb-13 12:42:31

ok so my brocolli cheese craving has now ended to be replaced by homous and cola jubbly ice lollies! not together lol! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now