Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thinking of baby no4 - though will be 4th c-section

(9 Posts)
mrsmon Sat 09-Feb-13 23:38:44

omg ! 11 !! what a woman ! i couldnt do that lol x well im only 27 so hopefully that goes in my favour too x no one never did mention anything to me about having anymore but just want to be careful and make sure i have all the facts x even tho i have 3 already i think 4 is enough for us also! people i know react strangley when i say i have 3 and wouldnt mind another ! does no one have big families anymore? though i dont class that as big not by standards set in my grans time or even my mums ! as long as you can love and support your children what else do they need? xx thanks for all the lovely comments! really appreciate them xx

phlebas Sat 09-Feb-13 22:20:30

I've had four sections smile My consultant discussed the risks of another pregnancy after my third - she was happy for me to have another one (she also said my uterus was in great condition after the last one, but 4 is enough for us!).

Midori1999 Sat 09-Feb-13 15:03:56

four sections even...

Midori1999 Sat 09-Feb-13 15:01:10

I know two people who havw had foru c-sections, so it can definitely be done. It ma be worth speaking at least to your GP to see if you can just go ahead or would need a referral to speak to an obstetrician first.

Beatrixpotty Sat 09-Feb-13 14:48:42

If you've had 3 already,they often say in the notes of the last delivery whether the uterus is too thin to undergo another section and sometimes mention it in theatre to you.If they have said nothing,it may be because there is no major concern.Your GP will have a copy of your discharge letter from your last delivery which will have all that info.It very much depends on the patient but I know of one lady who had had 11 sections..yes,11!

cyclecamper Sat 09-Feb-13 08:26:19

One of my bosses had 4 cs, the last at 43. She recovered really well - better than a lot of much younger women I know.

mrsmon Fri 08-Feb-13 21:22:59

thanks very much for your reply ! I really want to know all pros and cons so will defo making an appt with gp to get referred. I just dont want to go ahead with it without knowing all the risks especially because of the children i already have! would be rather selfish of me x thanks again ! xx

TwitchyTail Wed 06-Feb-13 22:42:42

I would ask your GP for a referral to the obstetrics consultant to discuss in more detail. I very much doubt a VBAC would be considered after 3 C-sections. The risks of C-section go up each time for pregnancy and delivery, but it's certainly not unheard of to have 4 (just ask Mrs Beckham for starters grin ) - it's about knowing the risks fully so you can make an informed decision. Good luck whatever you decide.

mrsmon Wed 06-Feb-13 21:59:16

I have 3 great kids, had 3 c-sections (not my choice), last 1 year and a half ago and im beginning to get broody! I just really want to know of who i should speak to, how i go about it etc? should i speak to my gp 1st or consultant who peformed last cs? and just really find out if i am able to go with through another! never had any natural labour so wouldnt know where to start with that conversation vbacs and so on! and also what is the complications involved? would love to hear some positive stories too ! xxthanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now