Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you have to get out the birthing pool to have your cervix checked?

(27 Posts)
NAR4 Wed 06-Feb-13 18:41:05

Would really like a water birth this time but have never had one before. Just a couple of questions.

Do you have to be dilated a certain amount before they let you get in? Historically I stay at 2cm for hours and hours and then do the rest all at once.

Do you have to get out to have your cervix checked for how dilated you are?

If baby gets stuck and they think I need an epistomy will I have to get out to deliver the baby?

Do I have to get out for the injection to deliver the placenta and do I stay out to deliver the placenta?

NAR4 Sat 09-Feb-13 19:54:19

Had to be induced with the drip going constantly before, so know I wouldn't be able to use the pool if it is the same this time. Would love the quick labour you describe, but historically all mine have been rather long. You never know though, fifth time lucky maybe.

Indith Sat 09-Feb-13 19:59:19

I was climbing in when mw arrived do she checked me quickly then I got in. no more internals. when dd arrived I got out as I felt uncomfortable so we snuggled on sofa instead to wait for cord to stop pulsating and placenta to come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now