Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Peek a baby in Quinton

(15 Posts)
Pritchyx Tue 05-Feb-13 11:24:31

Anybody used Peek A Baby in Quinton?
If so, reviews?

Thanks!

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 05-Feb-13 14:35:50

Have you tried Mn local? You might get a few more responses smile

Hopingforno2 Wed 06-Feb-13 16:24:11

Not not from area but my sister used them in Glasgow and would not recommend them to anyone they are cheaper but she said the sonographer was unfriendly and that the quality of her pictures were not great and her DVD didn't have any music etc

I have used baby bond both for my sd and this baby (I'm 29 weeks) and they have provided customer service that excels. I got my 4d scan as a Xmas present and on 1st and 2nd attempt baby was in a position where getting an image of the face was impossible and while you are only supposed to get 2 attempts I was given a 3rd and got lots of lovely pictures and a DVD can't recommend them highly enough.

orangejelly298 Mon 07-Jul-14 14:59:21

Had a scan on Saturday evening came home and tried to show our family the DVD however we have Dominique & Stephen's! (not ours) Completely disappointed. Peekababy have asked me to post this DVD and said they will hopefully have a copy of our scan but couldn't guarantee! Really not what I would have expected at all!

VintageLace Tue 08-Jul-14 09:38:56

I used the one in Quinton for a reassurance scan at 7 weeks. The first time was too early to see. They booked me back in a week later free of charge.

The only complaints we have are that the lady performing the ultrasound was not very friendly and rushed the whole thing. And they played really loud cheesey music throughout. my DH couldn't hear a word they were saying!

having said that I will be using them again for a gender scan at 16 weeks, purely because of the price. but I will definitely request they turn the bloody awful cringey music off. alladin's 'a whole new world' anyone?

be sure you drink a LOT of water. I had to drink 6 pints before the scan was clear. but I suppose it all depends on the person.

good luck! and congratulations!

Ducky23 Tue 08-Jul-14 18:27:08

I had a sexing scan there and wouldn't recommend it hmm the staff were unfriendly and it was all very rushed, when we went in to the scan as a previous poster said they were blasting cheesy cheesy music! And I don't think the sonogropher knew we were there for a sexing scan as she almost forgot to tell us the sex blush

Have heard very good recommendations for cherish in Sutton Coldfield or mums in Solihull if you could make it to one of those?

CordeliaScott Tue 08-Jul-14 18:32:50

I haven't been to peek a baby but I did use baby bond in edgbaston for a 4d scan and they were very good. Very friendly and professional.

Brummiegirl15 Tue 08-Jul-14 20:29:42

A lot of people I know have used MUMS in Solihull and they seem quite good

sophie150 Tue 08-Jul-14 21:51:55

Yep another vote for MUMS - very professional

Cerealaddict Wed 09-Jul-14 16:12:37

I used mums in solihull for a reassurance scan, simply cause they are trained medically from what i read so i guessed they'd tell me if there was baby in there and if anything looked odd. £85 was quite expensive but worth every penny to be able to enjoy knowing all was ok.

NHS couldn't determine sex due to position of baby at 21 week scan so booked last minute gender scan with peek a baby, phoned them at 1pm and got an 8:30pm appointment same day for sex scan, was fine really, was slightly rushed perhaps but i got what information i paid for and photo's to prove it and a couple of 4d preview images, i guess i could've got them to scan more but hospital had spent nearly 20 minutes scanning me earlier that day so i kinda just wanted to know sex by that point as i knew he was all ok. i like that there is massive tv for viewing, the screens in the hospital are so small. They said they would've re scanned if they were unable to determine scan from that scan which would have been good if required but for £45 i was happy with service.

Egog Wed 09-Jul-14 18:02:20

Another vote here for Cherish in Sutton Coldfield. Nurse was utterly lovely, I was very worried as had a lot of bleeding, and she really took the time to explain everything - in non-jargony language.

Umwedding1227 Thu 16-Oct-14 11:16:53

Hello ladies! I'm pretty new to this but I just thought I'd post my review on peek a baby seeing as I used this forum to help make my decision in the first place.
Honestly I thought they were GREAT! Great value for money and the service was great. I asked if we could change the music though and they said that was fine as long as we brought our own. Bump wasn't in the mood on the day of our appointment so they offered is to come back another day for free! We made an evening appointment this time and things went so well, we even got a smilegrin! The lady doing the scan was lovely, didn't talk too much but got almost as excited as we did when baby smiled, it was sweet. It was a great bonding experience and really put my mind at rest.

Staff was great, price was affordable and an all around great experience so I would def recommend!! Oh and they have one in London too .. We used quinton. (Sorry for going on...) Hope this helps xx

nemisis7 Wed 29-Oct-14 10:45:34

Hi Girls!!!! I had my gender scan at the Quinton branch of Peek a baby and I felt it was a great experience. The lady conducting the scan, I was told was a Doctor Radiologist and not simply a sonographer. She explained all the bits about the scan and the baby, which was quite reassuring. I went back for 4D scan in my 28th week. I had to be rescanned 3 times because of the position of the baby. I think the staff was very patient and professional. In the end I had wonderful video and pics which I will treasure. I would recommend them fully. best of luck!!!!! Oh and in my 4d scan I took my own CD..... it was good to be able have my own choice of music.

nemisis7 Wed 29-Oct-14 12:50:03

Hi.... I think Peek a Baby only has two branches according to their website, one in Mitcham London and one in Quinton Birmingham. It seems some clinic in Glasgow is using similar name to cause confusion.

callamia Wed 29-Oct-14 12:54:35

This is all making me slightly hysterical with giggles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now