Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where to shop!

(19 Posts)
AmandaNov10 Tue 05-Feb-13 10:21:11

I'm 32 wks with 2nd DD and from my experience of last time I'd buy some, literally a couple of tiny baby, Pettit newborn etc because none of the newborn things fit her. (6lb 12) so not that small. If you don't need them, take them back and swap for bigger size later? I love Zara mini and M&S and I find Zara mini run, small tiny! And M&S quite big.

What about us, all my maternity jeans trousers really hurting now, and I am SICK of wearing leggings!! Xx

mumofapirate Tue 05-Feb-13 09:47:44

I think primark sizings are small' asda and tesco do nice clothes but I must admit next are my favourite if you can afford it (or get stocked up in the sale)

DeathMetalMum Tue 05-Feb-13 09:36:45

Re asda/bluezoo my long slim dd really suited asda clothes. Similarly mothercare seemed too wide and short.

Pick up from a few different shops so you can work out which shops will fit the best as sizes vary a lot.

Matalan and Asda have had the nicest stuff I've seen so far smile

Also, don't be afraid to search through stuff on Amazon or EBay, they have some very lovely things if you can find the good stuff amongst the crap!

plonko Mon 04-Feb-13 21:24:33

For me it's been gap, m&s, next and sainsburys. Gap sales are really good bit only if you know the sex. The bulk of stuff for my bump has been m&s, really like their stuff as its so soft. We've been given some lovely things from John Lewis but I'd never shop in there personally - too pricey.

I'm lucky to have a mother who loves to knit too, my favourite things are the ones she's made.

purrpurr Mon 04-Feb-13 20:50:56

I got 2 lovely outfits in 0-3 from Bluezoo (Debenhams) and some bits from Asda. The difference in size was astonishing - not sure if Asda run big or Bluezoo small.
Oh also got some stuff from M and Co - love their stuff.

Then I got lots of babygros and bodysuits from eBay, most of them were stated as 'worn once' and the vast majority don't have any evidence of wear whatsoever. Very good value for money. Didn't necessarily go for bundles, but would search for, say, newborn girl bodysuit - then see what I got. Often sellers will put together a mini bundle of 3 bodysuits/rompers. Same with bodysuits.

AlisonL1981 Mon 04-Feb-13 20:41:22

I got lots of newborn and 0-3 things from boots in the bogof offer. Sainsburys also has some fairly cheap things. I trailed round the shops in the jan sales and got lots of things from different places. Bhs and boots mainly.

weeblueberry Mon 04-Feb-13 20:27:05

I'm just over 26 weeks and haven't bought any clothes either. I sort of assumed lots of people would get us them so we're holding back on getting a lot...

DeathMetalMum Mon 04-Feb-13 20:06:29

I love Boots clothes they are more expensive than others but are great quality. I have bought more clothes for dd(2) in the last year than newborn baby clothes but I am sure the quality is just as good. Boots quite often have buy one get one half price, which also includes sale items.

I've found Boots best for new born baby clothes, and then H&M for slightly older. If you join the Boots parenting club you get a free changing bag, 10 points per pound (effectively 10% discount), and vouchers to use against baby products. Well worth it - take a look on-line.

DaveMccave Mon 04-Feb-13 19:31:10

H&m is my favourite high street shop for baby clothes. But I try to buy most things off eBay or charity shops for environmental reasons. Means I don't have to settle for the really cheap supermarket brands too. I've mostly got h&m and gap and some Swedish brands like polarn (house of Fraser stock it).

SillyBlueHat Mon 04-Feb-13 19:23:10

H&m are fab for bright coloured vests

Paradisefound Mon 04-Feb-13 18:40:14

I went to a nearly new sale on Saturday and bought 24 items of boys clothing for less than a fiver.. All in excellent condition, much of it designer labels. I have also bought some new stuff from Debenhams and M&S. Having seen what you can get second hand I would recommend it. Have fun!

TwitchyTail Mon 04-Feb-13 18:34:09

Reasonable, even.

TwitchyTail Mon 04-Feb-13 18:33:43

M&S were surprisingly reasonably (much cheaper than Debenhams/John Lewis if you go for the multipacks, and I thought the colours were nicer than the supermarkets). Have a look at the website.

SourSweets Mon 04-Feb-13 18:26:52

Surprisingly, Primark. They've got plenty of the basics and a few more fancy things too. Priced about the same as Asda.

Kilkers Mon 04-Feb-13 18:03:46

If you're on a budget there are some immaculate second hand bundle deals on eBay. Really nice stuff that I could never usually afford!

Countmyblessings Mon 04-Feb-13 18:01:12

Well depending on how much your willing wanting to spend but newborns don't need fancy stuff they grow quickly!
Sainsburys does nice stuff and for cheaper head to primark!!!!!
Toyrus have baby section too!!!

To be honest I started buying stuff 2 weeks ago and I'm 34 weeks!
Good luck and enjoy xxx

Pritchyx Mon 04-Feb-13 17:53:50

Right, i need baby clothes! 26 weeks tomorrow and I have barely bought anything!
I've been to asda, tesco, debenhams, mothercare... But I have no idea where else! Nothing too expensive (the last two I said are expensive IMO) but somewhere that does nice stuff for baby smile
Suggestions please! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now