Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Maternity Swimsuit with good coverage!

(4 Posts)

Mamas and papas are doing a black tankini with shorts if that is any good?

Lionsntigersnbears Sun 03-Feb-13 19:51:01
KelleStar Sun 03-Feb-13 18:55:11

I generous of the bum and thigh and I've got a mothercare low leg one. I swim weekly with DD and find it rides up quite a bit, but to be honest it's to cover me up in the short term, so I am putting up with it. Once you are in the water it's not obvious what cut you are wearing. I make sure we are in the water as quick as possible. I think I lost my dignity when having DD. You certainly learn to be speedy getting dry and dressed when you have a baby to do as well smile

It's a great exercise to do when pregnant, but try not to do breast stroke legs, if you know what I mean as it can cause discomfort in your pubic bone. I've loved being in the water with DD as well, she's just turned two and we've been swimming since she was a few months old and it's been great fun for us both. And she always slept well afterwards smile

Huffpot Sun 03-Feb-13 13:38:45

Hi.
I'm 15 weeks and am going to start swimming once the weather warms up.
I'm very self conscious about bum/legs though and am trying to find a maternity swimsuit with short style legs (if that makes sense?)
I'd rather get an all in one but may have to resort to swim shorts over the top.

Has anyone seen any like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now