Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Heavy, Achy Legs - any tips?

(6 Posts)
scaredbutexcited Fri 01-Feb-13 12:51:33

30 weeks and the last few days my legs just feel really heavy and uncomfortable.

I have been trying to stay healthy/active but just feels like wading through treacle at the moment when do anything. Actually, sitting still to type this and still uncomfortable. sad.

Anyone know what causes this (other than just being PG smile)?

Also, any tips on how to help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hamnvik Fri 01-Feb-13 15:51:32

No advice I'm afraid but I'm 33 weeks and my legs feel exactly the same! Its horrible isn't it!

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:03:14

flight socks can help

magnesium tablets help if you have cramps

must put your feet up to relieve "pooling" of fluids

congrats ladies, not long now! smile

scaredbutexcited Fri 01-Feb-13 16:41:39

Thank you both.

Hamnvik - glad I'm not the only one (but sorry you have to put up with this too).

amazingmumof6 (wow, that's impressive!) - Thank you for the tips. I had a suspicion it may be a mineral deficiency of some kind but couldn't remember what. Will get to Boots!

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 17:58:14

oh yes, experienced I am, hmm! grin

used to have shooting pain in my calves at night, cramping so badly I had to get of bed and stretch the calves in style of Champion runners.!

so I sympathize big time! smile

lovethesun1 Sat 02-Feb-13 21:10:08

I find sitting with my legs outstretched & slightly higher up (i sit on sofa with legs on birthing ball) in the evening helps. Also,the body shop calf gel is great,I get dh to massage my achy legs before bed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now