Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2/5ths Palpable? What does it mean?

(4 Posts)
LazyMachine Fri 01-Feb-13 19:45:36

Try not to get your hopes up too much, Cuppa - I'm 38+6 and have been 2/5ths engaged for almost 3 weeks!

CuppaSarah Fri 01-Feb-13 12:08:48

That sounds positive then grin I'm at 37+3 so hopefully it's a sign I might be a smidge early. I can hope at least. Good luck simba I hope you have your little one soon.

simbaandblue Fri 01-Feb-13 11:12:14

If it says 2/5 on your notes that means the doctor can feel 2/5 of baby's head out of the pelvis! Which is a good thing smile when they can feel 0/5 labour should be imminent!! I'm 38+4 and 2/4 engaged! Hope this helps, good luck xx

CuppaSarah Fri 01-Feb-13 10:26:13

I saw a consultant yesterday to check the position of the baby, all was good, but theres a bit on my notes confusing me, it says I'm 2/5ths palpable. I've tried googling and have guessed it's to do with engagment but I can't find out what it actually means. Anyone have any clue what it means?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now