Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2/5ths Palpable? What does it mean?

(4 Posts)
CuppaSarah Fri 01-Feb-13 10:26:13

I saw a consultant yesterday to check the position of the baby, all was good, but theres a bit on my notes confusing me, it says I'm 2/5ths palpable. I've tried googling and have guessed it's to do with engagment but I can't find out what it actually means. Anyone have any clue what it means?

simbaandblue Fri 01-Feb-13 11:12:14

If it says 2/5 on your notes that means the doctor can feel 2/5 of baby's head out of the pelvis! Which is a good thing smile when they can feel 0/5 labour should be imminent!! I'm 38+4 and 2/4 engaged! Hope this helps, good luck xx

CuppaSarah Fri 01-Feb-13 12:08:48

That sounds positive then grin I'm at 37+3 so hopefully it's a sign I might be a smidge early. I can hope at least. Good luck simba I hope you have your little one soon.

LazyMachine Fri 01-Feb-13 19:45:36

Try not to get your hopes up too much, Cuppa - I'm 38+6 and have been 2/5ths engaged for almost 3 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now