Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vicks Vaporub

(3 Posts)
itsmyfirsteek Fri 01-Feb-13 05:38:02

Is it safe to use in pregnancy? I'm so congested and I camt breathe or sleep? I need some tips, have had to call in sick today and have so much time off I'm now worried about getting in trouble. Bleugh, feel so rough!

I used it solidly when pregnant, it's about one of the only things we can use safely!! Paracetamol is also safe in mild doses. Best thing I did was old fashioned steaming - bowl of hot water with Vicks in it, head over the bowl and towel over your head. Really uncomfortable (keep your eyes shut) but breathe it in deeply twice a day and should clear you out effectively smile Sometimes the old ways are the best!!

Really hope you feel better soon xx

DeathMetalMum Fri 01-Feb-13 07:16:22

Karvol is also a good one you can use. Its suitable for babies once they are 4months. We get little capsules of it and put it on a tissue or something. Really helped me last week when I was all congedted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now