Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Soooooo bloated

(5 Posts)
emsibub Thu 31-Jan-13 21:33:04

I'm only 9 weeks and god I'm just so bloated. My ability to absorb/digest food has just gone, need to make sure I eat something I like cos I'll be burping it back all day long. Constipated too. just feel yuk! I've been eating ginger lots to help with sickness, stopped eating salad as lettuce seems esp bad. Any tips? Already taking peppermint supplements x

FoofFighter Thu 31-Jan-13 21:49:27

Drink lots of water is the only thing I can recommend, and just bear with it, it does improve! (I also find if I watch the white carbs intake it helps too, switch to wholemeal where I can)

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 31-Jan-13 22:09:35

I'll add probiotics. It's the only thing that keeps me regular and my gut happy - I have IBS and am on codiene as well as being pregnant! confused I like Yakult myself but they're all much of a muchness.

emsibub Thu 31-Jan-13 22:17:53

Thanks I'll try probiotics. I'm gluten free so white carbs arent too much of a problem.

Smerlin Thu 18-Apr-13 19:46:01

Does anyone know when the bloating eases?

I already have IBS (which was v under control before pregnancy :-( ) and the two combined means the bloating is unbearable!

Am 13 weeks so was hoping digestion would start to settle for 2nd trimester! It's mainly from about 7pm it becomes really bad for me- am trying to eat early to give time for food to go down but if I go more than a couple of hours without eating a little something, I throw up so can't win!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now