Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy hormones overload

(5 Posts)
Verekerlady Sun 03-Feb-13 21:11:06

This is my second pregnancy, which might be why I'm panicking so much as although my toddler is quite easy to look after (for now!) I'm still managing to get in a muddle. I've ended up with tonsillitis but today my sister told me she'd help out more, so I'm not feeling quite so alone. My DH works offshore for up to 3 weeks at a time, so it gets quite full on at times. Got given a book on buddhism for mothers last year which I rediscovered, so doing some meditation techniques too.

I'm normally quite good at coping which is what's making me think its hormones....oh I hope it's hormones!

amazingmumof6 Sat 02-Feb-13 18:39:03

hope you are feeling better today!

if you get quite stressed regularly, it might be a good idea to talk to your GP to see if they can offer you counselling to learn some coping techniques.

you'd better brace yourself, pregnancy is the easier part of being a parent!!!! smile

Verekerlady Sat 02-Feb-13 17:56:19

Thank you! That sounds mad but brilliant! I managed to resolve things with my brother and I've never thought of alcohol free beer, so that's what's being bought in the next food shop! smile

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:07:25

imagine putting your head in a bucket of ice cold water and then screaming into it

that helps me!

then wash your face with cold water

big breaths.

tell your brother you are pg and say sorry, you'll feel better

drink alcohol free beer!!!!

hard times, but you can do it

Verekerlady Thu 31-Jan-13 21:09:50

Oh my goodness I am in hormone hell already at 6 weeks! I have been overreacting at nearly everything and fighting with everyone including myself! I fell out with my brother today, who then asked me if I'm struggling (he doesn't know I'm pregnant) and my heart is racing every time I face a problem...

We're also in the process of buying a house, which is stressful normally, but I am now paranoid I'm so stressed that I will have a miscarriage. I know I'm not helping myself but my sister had 3 miscarriages which she thinks was down to her stress levels and that keeps playing on my mind.

Anyone got any tips for calming down and chilling out?? Or is anyone else having hormone overload and feeling overwhelmed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now