Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hello From Newbie :) and PUL

(14 Posts)
x1xpixiex1x Wed 30-Jan-13 20:20:11

Hi just wanted to introduce myself and to explain my situation smile

I found out i was pregnant early and was diagnosed with a pregnancy of unknown location after bleeding and cramping. I searched online everywhere and was panicking as i found no positive outcome at all on any forums or online. I worried for over a week before i had a scan which showed baby in the right place just very early. I just wanted mums to know that there can be a positive outcome and not to panic like i did smile

I have a 7 week scan on monday and am being monitored regulary as I had a miscarriage a while back. I am trying not to get too excited but am being very positive. Am hoping all is ok on Monday.

i wish everyone the best smile

pixie x

rainand Wed 30-Jan-13 20:51:12

Congratulations and welcome! smile

x1xpixiex1x Wed 30-Jan-13 21:13:29

thank you x

spaghettibolognese Thu 31-Jan-13 00:28:19

Hi and all the best for your scan! My first scan is next week too - worried but. excited smile

fatasbutter Thu 31-Jan-13 11:13:38

Pixie, how many weeks were you when you had first scan? I should be 7 but had scan today with a sac and no baby and high hcg so they have diagnosed either pul or ectopic or v early preg (5 weeks) which I feel is highly unlikely! Is all limbo isn't it?!

x1xpixiex1x Fri 01-Feb-13 10:24:33

fatasbutter I had a transvaginal scan at what turned out to be 4 weeks, then 5 weeks and monday will be my 7 week scan (just praying all is ok). Its very much a waiting game, and not a nice one at that. My 5 week scan there was just a sac but in correct place and looked in order just too early to see anything. I hope everything works out for you. When is your next scan? are you on 48hr bloods?

x1xpixiex1x Fri 01-Feb-13 10:25:25

spaghetti thank you so much you too smile x

fatasbutter Fri 01-Feb-13 11:12:48

Thanks pixie. Yes I am waiting for bloods to be repeated in te morning. So how many weeks did you think you were? I thought I was 7 and we stopped dtd quite early in the cycle so I don't see how I could only be 5 weeks!! That would mean the sperm had to live at least 2 weeks!!! Glad you had good news though smile

x1xpixiex1x Fri 01-Feb-13 15:00:54

I didnt realise by the time the egg and sperm meet i think you are already 2 weeks pregnant. its confusing. try not to panic hopefully will all be ok smile x

WeeS Fri 01-Feb-13 16:55:12

Hi pixie Didnt want to read & run - congrats & welcome smile

squizita Sat 06-Apr-13 17:46:15

Thanks pixie for posting this. My GP booked me TOO EARLY for my scan 4 weeks 6 days...the consultant even said before he might not see anything. And all they saw was a 'dot' which could be a sac or just a clot. I have a history of MC so have been utterly terrified!!

I am now waiting for my 2nd set of bloods. 1st set came back fine - 580hcg, plentiful progesterone. The nurse who called me said this was a very good sign. But thanks to Google I am so scared of every bit of wind, tiny cramp or bad back and just think argh ectopic! Fingers crossed that 1 - tomorrows bloods are OK and 2- a scan next week shows a sac!!

I've been searching for this thread and its so reassuring.

Sephy Sat 06-Apr-13 17:53:59

Hope things go well for you squizita - when will you get the results of your next bloods?

squizita Sat 06-Apr-13 18:05:17

Tomorrow night- going in tomorrow morning. Scan next week (will ask for Tues or Weds if bloods are OK, as want to SEE SOMETHING). All the real flesh and blood Drs (as opposed to dr google) don't seem worried in the slightest and just think it's a very small embryo but they must monitor 'just in case'.
What terrifies me is that the symptoms for an ectopic are so similar to many things you get anyway in pregnancy/day-to-day life:
-cramps on the left or right side (wind anyone??)
- no period (check - doh)
-enlarged tender breasts, feeling sick, tiredness, emotional (check - but also normal pregnancy)
-Runny or firm poo (again pretty normal)
-back pain (I suffer from ongoing sciatica) ... not just shoulder tip but on American sites they say lower back pain too.

I'm paranoid as I have a little twinge (if I wasn't PUL I'd say it was digestive or muscles stretching) on my right low down (just above my fanny) for the last day or so. Doesn't even need a painkiller, just a twinge.

And I don't wanna worry an over enthusiastic junior doc into giving me drugs to end a PUL which was actually an OK bean (I found a slideshow ticking off Drs for doing just this, hence my stress).

Sephy Sun 07-Apr-13 07:54:23

Eek, it all sounds quite Difficult to be wondering about, but as you say, there are perfectly reasonable non-ectopic explanations for all those symptoms.

Hope the bloods this morning are helpful and you'll soon know more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now