Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

How should I feel during third trimester?

(14 Posts)
owlface Thu 31-Jan-13 21:08:44

I'm 32 weeks. Just this week I have begun to feel heavily pregnant! Bump has suddenly got much bigger and is affecting how I walk. I get breathless standing still because of low blood pressure, and get tired walking far, but I cycle to work fine although potholes make me need the loo!
I'm working until 38 weeks and am wondering now if that was a bit ambitious, but would still prefer to be a bit slow at work than be home alone.
I'm sleeping through the night but wake up very early. And I'm hungry a lot, can tell the baby is getting all the food!

glossyflower Thu 31-Jan-13 16:42:03

I am almost 29 weeks, still working full time hours as a nurse on a very busy ward, and I feel absolutely knackered most of the time.
My belly feels huge, and gets in the way of being comfortable, and have general aches and pains.
At work I don't have time to sit down much so it hits me when I get home.
I have lots of naps and make the most of going to bed early.
I have found though early morning, when I can't get back to sleep I have lots of energy so get up and make the most of doing stuff round the house.
I try not to commit myself to much outside my home and work, but difficult being that my dad has recently had a bone marrow transplant and I also have an elderly friend who has no family I keep an eye on.
All in all it's not too bad but I have to listen to my body and rest when it tells me.
I've planned to work upto 34 weeks...thinking now its quite optimistic!

I felt like a lumbering hippo. Unpleasantly large and hot, all I wanted to do was wallow in a pool. No pain though and my energy levels were quite good - possibly because I wasn't moving anywhere very fast grin.

mamabrownbear Thu 31-Jan-13 16:00:28

Thanks everyone. Reconfirms my thoughts that I'm going to have to wind down about a month before due date. Not looking forward to feeling tired again but it will be worth it! X

DeathMetalMum Thu 31-Jan-13 15:57:25

I have 7 Weeks to go and could have wtitten sundae's post word for word.

marshkat Thu 31-Jan-13 12:58:02

I stopped work this week, 8 weeks to EDD but hoped i could work another 4 weeks at least, but im just soo tiered! I feel massive and always hungry, but apart from that not to bad!

InPraiseofOldHouses Thu 31-Jan-13 11:34:14

I'm 38 weeks and feel very very tired. I sit down to read something and wake up an hour later with my arm covered in drool! Walking is increasingly difficult with extra weight and my spd doesn't help but I still try to move around during the day, I just have a better idea now of how not to push myself too much. Being so huge does help me not to feel guilty about crashing on the sofa - so that's a nice bonus. Now I'm on maternity leave I'm quite enjoying this last stage, to be honest!

Dogsmom Thu 31-Jan-13 09:49:19

I'm 35 weeks and feel nowhere near as bad as tri 1, main symptom is tiredness, I'd read about it and thought people were exaggerating but it is knackering, a combination of extra weight and not sleeping well because of twitchy legs and peeing literally every hour.

I've also become quite antisocial and territorial towards my husband and baby, I'm usually quite outgoing but have turned into a hermit.

TwitchyTail Thu 31-Jan-13 09:46:06

I'm 33 weeks, and feel good smile

The only problem I'm having is pelvic girdle pain (SPD) which makes walking, dressing and turning over in bed quite painful. Other than that, I feel really well. Not squashed or heavy or breathless. Am enjoying my food and can eat like a horse! Only getting up once maximum in the night to pee, sometimes not at all.

I stopped work at just over 30 weeks (with annual leave, not started maternity leave yet) which made a world of difference. Definitely recommend it if you can manage it.

Paradisefound Thu 31-Jan-13 09:38:08

I'm 30 weeks and probably feeling better now than at any point during my pregnancy ( bad sickness early on ). I have more energy and feel more relaxed probably because most things are now in place for new arrival and i know i havent got all that long to go now. My main problem is constant pressure on my bladder... I permanently need to be close to a toilet and don't sleep well for the same reason.

I'm 34+2 and quite enjoying third trimester, except from getting a little impatient of waiting for my little miracle to arrive!!

Have been having about 4-5 wee breaks a night, and slightly constipated like I was in first trimester, but attempting to combat that with orange juice and veggies. Back hurts too, trying to stay upright and moving as much as possible and not lie on my back as baby tends to trap the nerves.

Have LOVED feeling baby move more regularly and displaying recognition of mine and daddy's voice. Also, swimming is a wonderful relief from pains and aches, strongly recommended!!

Kelerina Wed 30-Jan-13 20:02:29

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow.

Have felt fine really! Not much to complain about at all.

More energy (ie can stay up past 9pm!) than I did in 1st and 2nd trimester but physically more tired if you know what I mean, not that ridiculous tired of early pregnancy.

I can't walk any distance anymore so walking the dog is a real struggle and to be honest DP has taken that over 99% of the time.

Sleeping is becoming increasingly difficult, wake LOADS in the night to pee, probably about 4 times a night. So that's annoying but in general I feel fine.

Baby moves a lot which is nice, not so kicky, more squirmy now. I can see my belly move.......

Can't do as much in general, not physically as capable as I used to be but think that's just part and parcel!

sundaesundae Wed 30-Jan-13 19:32:44

Generally ok, but tired, slower than I was and beginning to find it more uncomfortable to sleep. Movements can be painful and sweeping.

I often have feet in my ribs and a bottom crushing my stomach so eating can be a challenge.

I have anaemia which is very common in third trimester, so make sure you take vitamins and iron tablets if necessary.

I can still do most of the things I want, but sometimes it depends on how much sleep I have had and if I am having a sore pelvis day.

Just another period of time to get through. Due in 7 weeks, end is in sight and that is nice.

mamabrownbear Wed 30-Jan-13 19:20:26

Approaching the Third trimester and no idea what to expect. First trimester was spent being very sick,awful headaches and exhaustion. Second trimester has been good, not felt too bad in a long time and wriggler is making herself known daily so I guess I'm just wondering, as I start to worry about all the things we need to get ready in the next 3 months, what can I expect? How have others felt during these last months? I've been trying to take each day as it comes but what should I watch out for? All advice gratefully welcomed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now