Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Re-usable wipes- anyone used/considering using them?

(80 Posts)
12ylnon Wed 30-Jan-13 11:58:08

Just had a read about them (cheeky wipes in particular) and the system doesn't really seem to have any downsides, plus it has rave reviews.
The only thing i'm concerned about is the initial output of £50 and then not liking them.
www.cheekywipes.com/
Any experience?

notso Fri 01-Feb-13 09:56:24

I use a mixture, we are lucky enough to get disposable ones really cheaply (£3 for a box of 10 Huggies) and I have given up on cloth nappies, it was just too depressing with DS2's toddler diarrhoea with two in cloth I was drowning in endless pooey laundry. However I still like the cloth wipes, I use microfibre cloths, I find terry too thick. I bought two packs of 10 for £4 in the sale in TKMaxx, they are sold as baby wash cloths. I also use some lovely teddy-fleece washcloths from a discount shop to dry their bottoms with.

Fishandjam Fri 01-Feb-13 20:14:55

Well, my cut-up cheapy Dunelm fleece throws are turning out to be excellent. The fabric is such poor quality grin that one side has bobbled slightly in manufacture; kiss of death for interior furnishings, but great for shitty arses as it means you have a choice of sides to use - the bobbly side for really stubborn Weetabix poo!

Wiggy29 Sat 02-Feb-13 08:20:42

Daft question here re: reuseable wipes and poopy bums- do you just put them in wash with the poop still on? I know with my re-useable nappies I have a liner that I get rid of so, not sure how washing works for wipes if they would be covered in poop? hmm

nannyl Sat 02-Feb-13 10:03:36

I do

I dont use flushable liners with my nappies (se fleece) and most poo rolls of but some doesnt, but it all gets clean in the machine

also i use a piece of loo roll for the first bit of wiping which flushes down the loo

PoppyAmex Sat 02-Feb-13 12:33:40

Wiggy I just put wipes and nappies in the machine, run an extended cold rinse cycle with a smidgen of vinegar and then run a proper washing cycle.

I've never find there are large amounts of poo in the wipes though (and I have a weaning-poo ridden baby).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now