Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Itchy breasts driving me insane!!!

(5 Posts)
AlphaBeta2012 Wed 30-Jan-13 11:52:46

Hehe rainand, I'll tell my DH that, he'll be over the moon at the the suggestion that it may help 'cure' this problem!!! wink

rainand Wed 30-Jan-13 11:36:07

Mine were exactly like that too, just unbearable. In fact just taking off the bra was unbearable. Strangely enough having sex (well having an orgasm) seemed to have helped and has made them less sensitive blush.

AlphaBeta2012 Wed 30-Jan-13 10:28:30

Thank you, will definately try the new bra route as really is driving me nuts but they are also too sensitive to touch too much!

rainand Wed 30-Jan-13 10:08:07

Oh poor you, it is awful! sad I've had this problem throughout my pregnancy. Couple of things that helped:

1. Wearing a maternity/nursing comfy bra - I wear this one, and as it is padded it means if I do get the urge to itch it doesn't harm by areola. Sizes are in small/medium/large etc so it means I can hopefully wear it throughout pregnancy and post birth too.

2. Using lansinol after a shower

3. Use Boob Tube on breasts or any moisturiser

4. Wear nursing pads (to protect areola).

5. Went to GP who checked my areola and said it was infected, and gave me a cream.

AlphaBeta2012 Wed 30-Jan-13 09:36:25

Sorry probably TMI but they are really driving me nuts, I have been suffering with really bad itchy skin all over but after seeing Dr and using a new cream it is helping. But not on my breasts! They have pretty much doubled in size but they are just so distracting and uncomfortable - anyone else had and any experience and how did you manage it!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now