Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

miscarriage

(19 Posts)
LostAndScared Sat 02-Feb-13 20:06:33

thanks, i have not been great since thursday i have been soo emotional all i have done is cry, thankfuly he came out of hospital after 3 nights he is doing well he has been given inhalers and thing to take away so fingers crossed

x

thaliablogs Sat 02-Feb-13 19:11:05

Lost glad you are feeling better but sorry to hear about your gdson I hope he recovers fast.

Semper I didn't think saying lost was young was the problem, I still think saying it is all for the best is unhelpful but clearly lost doesn't mind so that's ok. Sorry to hear about your own losses.

LostAndScared Wed 30-Jan-13 20:29:37

thanks, i have been at the hospital most of the day! he had a bad night and was on oxygen, they are going to keep him in again tonight so hopefully he makes progress! yeah life has a horrible way of kicking you when you are down! grin( xx

Sempersecunda Wed 30-Jan-13 18:08:53

Oh no, hope you have good news and he's ok. Will be thinking of you- life just throws everything at once sometimes doesn't it? Really hope all is well.

LostAndScared Wed 30-Jan-13 14:18:11

hey i am ok i suppose, been at work since 8am not long home, just waiting on news of my 5 year old god son , he was taken into hospital yesterday and kept in over night with breathing difficulties so emotions are all over the place xx

Sempersecunda Wed 30-Jan-13 13:51:31

How're you feeling today, Lost? Hope you're ok.

LostAndScared Tue 29-Jan-13 21:56:53

dont worry my bf's friend also mentioned the possibility of this as twins run in both of our families, i hope all went well with your pregnancy x

sydlexic Tue 29-Jan-13 21:54:19

Don't want to give false hope but that happened to me and I was still pregnant, I presume I had twins.

LostAndScared Tue 29-Jan-13 21:53:53

yeah dont worry i understood what you meant about being young , i am sorry to hear about the loss of your three angels .... x

Sempersecunda Tue 29-Jan-13 21:50:09

Lost, of course you were excited and it a devasting thing to happen. It must be very hard working with children, but do understand the comfort thing too. I worked with children too.

Thalia, as I said, it is positive in this situation that Lost is young and I hope and think she understood that. I have lost three babies and nearly died during one mc and would never suggest any loss is for the best.

LostAndScared Tue 29-Jan-13 21:37:17

thanks it was , but yeah you are right i do have time, i just had my hopes up and was so excited as i though i may not have needed the fertility treatment in the long run.
i was thinking of visiting the clinic to discuss the situation and maybe ask for another scan and a full check up.
its pretty hard emotionally also as i work in a children's activity center and being surrounded by children all day after a mc is not the easiest but yet there is something comforting about it (hope that doesn't sound weird?) xx

thaliablogs Tue 29-Jan-13 21:36:15

Lostandscared so sorry for your loss. If you still feel pregnant 3 weeks later you must go to our gp as it's possible you have retained some of the pregnancy. While it takes a while to get back to normal, the symptoms should have diminished by now.

Sempersecundis I am sure you meant well but it's really not helpful to suggest this is all for the best. It is always awful to lose a wanted pregnancy and while its very likely lostandscared will go on to pregnancies that go to term, this will always be a loss. I lost 2 pregnancies in the 9 months before I conceived my daughter, and while of course I cannot imagine life without her, I equally do not see the miscarriages as in any way a good thing.

Sempersecunda Tue 29-Jan-13 21:29:05

Sorry to hear that, Lost. Must be horribly scary for you. I know it doesn't help much now, but in time it will seem like a positive thing in the whole situation that you are so young and do have time on your side.

Wrt the symptoms, maybe give the clinic a call and explain how you're feeling and they should be able to advise you?

LostAndScared Tue 29-Jan-13 21:20:47

i miscarried naturally,in a way i feel it was a good thing as i could grieve during the process, however the pain and things were so bad i wished i had medical help. me and my bf had not long found out when it happened.

MrsJohnDeere Tue 29-Jan-13 21:14:36

So sorry for your loss. sad

Why not come and join us on the miscarriage boards (hidden away under Body and Soul). There's lots of lovely posters there who have been through similar things and can help or, at least, provide a virtual shoulder to cry on.

Did the miscarriage happen naturally, or did you have medical or surgical management? I don't know if that makes a difference to how long the symptoms persist. I had a missed miscarriage back in October and had an ERPC to remove everything. Fwiw, I think the first 6 weeks are the toughest, particularly the emotional side of things. Physically my experience is atypical because I had a partial molar pregnancy amd still have elevated levels of hcg in my body (so the stomach hasn't gone back properly yet and I still feel nauseous).

LostAndScared Tue 29-Jan-13 21:11:31

thanks , sorry also for your loss
i dont have a sympathetic gp as i recently switched doctors. so i visited a health clinic where they provide scans and things and they confirmed i had miscarried and my scan showed clear bar some blood i had still to pass. i am also being seen at the hospitals fertility dep as i have been told i will need fertility treatment 2 have a baby as my hormones are all over the place, i had kind of hopped things would have worked out naturally but unfortunately not, i am only 21 so news that i need fertility treatment was scary.

chewingguminmyhair Tue 29-Jan-13 21:07:21

Sorry about your miscarriage lost.

Did you lose the baby naturally or did you have an operation to hurry things along? I would check with your gp that your body knows it's not pregnant anymore and that the foetus and everything has gone.

Sempersecunda Tue 29-Jan-13 21:03:44

I'm so sorry you lost your baby. I lost my first at 9.5 weeks and carried on getting morning sickness for a while after tho I can't really remember how long exactly. It's one of those cruel, cruel things that nature does to us that the symptoms don't always disappear straight away. Definitely not crazy to still feel pregnant and no one will think that. Have you had a scan to confirm that nothing is left? Do you have a sympathetic gp? I went to mine with the same worries and she was lovely, very reassuring that all was ok and gave me a full check up so might be worth a visit to put your mind at rest? Hope you start to feel better soon, it's horrible I know.

LostAndScared Tue 29-Jan-13 19:47:28

hi ladies ,
i had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago today. i was 9 weeks pregnant, i was wondering how long does it take for the pregnancy symptoms to go away? my boobs are swollen and so tender it hurts wearing a bra or being touched, my tummy looks swollen still and i am really emotional.
any advice would be appreciated as i am scared people will think i am crazy for feeling still pregnant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now