Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 weeks pg and ... Sorry if tmi!!

(9 Posts)
omri Tue 29-Jan-13 00:05:46

Hi there! So I am just 7 weeks pg now with my 2nd. My ds is 17 months old and when I was pregnant with him I was throwing up 4 or 5 times a day. This time around I seem to be having diarrhoea 4 or 5 times a day! Ugh sorry for tmi! Just wondering if this is normal. I am constantly nauseous but don't throw up just need to sit on the loo every time...

Has anyone else gone through this??

babyradio Tue 29-Jan-13 00:36:42

Yes blush but it went away within a week and I was basically housebound anyway because I was so sick. I actually look back now and realise how ill I was and how much more of a fuss I should have made but pregnancy symptoms are soooo varied you just kind of get on with it and don't want to complain too much.

spaghettibolognese Tue 29-Jan-13 01:20:58

Hi omri, are you sure you don't have a virus?

omri Tue 29-Jan-13 15:31:14

i dont have a virus. it does feel pregnancy related for some reason. i feel that morning sickness general nausea especially when tired in the evening (after working all day and coming home to very happy playful but exhausting toddler). just havent thrown up - seems to come out the other end!

anyway - sure will just mind myself as much as i can and carry on.

isnt it annoying the way you feel most sick and awful in first 3 months when you cant tell anyone (and have to hide it in work!).

ExpatAl Tue 29-Jan-13 15:39:52

Yes I had that. Would feel very sick but instead of vomiting it would arrive from the other end. Apparently some women react to the hormones like this.

Msbluesky32 Tue 29-Jan-13 18:32:49

Yes same here. I found certain foods triggered it/made it worse - anything too rich, anything greasy and anything spicy. So I avoid those and I'm ok.

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Tue 29-Jan-13 19:13:47

Think yourself lucky! I feel like poo might start coming out my ears! blush

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Tue 29-Jan-13 19:14:04

grin

omri Tue 29-Jan-13 23:21:25

Yes msbluesky agree with that- keeping to simple foods at the moment.
Ah mumsnet... Where else can you speak so unashamedly openly??!

Thanks for your responses!

Wondering if this is a sign of having a girl- never had this last time round and had a boy then .....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now