Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New to Mumsnet, just got a BFP test 2 days before AF

(13 Posts)
quickdowntonson Wed 30-Jan-13 12:32:15

Silly I phone!

quickdowntonson Wed 30-Jan-13 12:28:17

Congratulations [tillpot]! you must be very excited! Get yourself down to the docs to sort out MW etc. I'm due Af in 2 days, so symptom spotting! Had sore throat and headaches for a few days, a bit dizzy, but a few af cramps as well. Ho hum. Did you have pmt type sympto
S?
S

wifey6 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:19:39

It's the shock & excitement...it will become more real as time goes on. Although I still have days at 17+4 where it still feels surreal smile
Wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy smile

Tillpot Mon 28-Jan-13 19:15:53

That gives me a lot more confidence MrsReiver, thanks for your post. I hope you're feeling tippity-top?

It was tricky to tell my partner (as he'd think I was a bit nervy and would wonder why if I didn't say anything) without putting too much of a dampner on things. Didn't want him to get too excited in case things don't work out. Fingers crossed smile

MrsReiver Mon 28-Jan-13 17:54:29

Huge congratulations!!!!

I got a BFP on the Monday when AF was due on Wednesday, I wasn't sure what to make of it at all, and tried not to get too excited. I'm 36 weeks pregnant now grin

SourSweets Mon 28-Jan-13 17:51:47

Excellent news! Double congratulations!

Tillpot Mon 28-Jan-13 16:46:43

thanks wifey6 will do, it all seems a little surreal at the moment... smile

wifey6 Mon 28-Jan-13 16:32:28

Congratulations TillPot...that's wonderful.
Make an appointment with a doctor who can sort out a booking in appointment with a MW & get the process of scans etc moving. <not in a bossy way>
Wonderful news...enjoy smile

Tillpot Mon 28-Jan-13 16:28:00

yes, I've a feeling I might!

OhIWishThereWasABook Mon 28-Jan-13 16:10:30

You'll need loads of advice later though grin

Tillpot Mon 28-Jan-13 16:09:04

thanks OhIWishThereWasABook smile

OhIWishThereWasABook Mon 28-Jan-13 16:03:45

You don't need advice, you need a bf congratulations!!

Tillpot Mon 28-Jan-13 15:59:54

Hi everyone,

This is all new to me, first time I've posted.
I'm getting married in late March so my partner and I thought we better start thinking about trying for a baby. I'm 40 this year and he's 45. I came off the POP pill a couple of months ago and we've not been actively trying to conceive but not using any protection either. Felt a bit dizzy today and odd taste in my mouth so thought I'd test myself and got a BFP! It's very early days, I'm not sure what to think really as I don't want to get too excited. Any advice from you Mumsnetters?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now