Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you know it is the "right" time to have a baby?

(26 Posts)
malterserslover Mon 28-Jan-13 10:16:44

A little bit background first - I am 29 (30 this year....eeek!) and my boyfriend is the same age. We have been together for 7 years, have our own house, both have very good jobs. For the past year we have been having the "baby" conversation quite regularly.

We are both on the same page that we definitely want kids and definitely more than one. About 12 months ago I was VERY broody, he was a bit more on the fence in that he knew he was going to have a big year at work so felt that maybe the baby should be a 2013 project. I changed jobs half way through the year and having a new work challenge pushed the baby out of my mind. Over Christmas he started talking about having the baby again and I do really want it but somehow making that decision to start trying feels enormous and in fact quite petrifying!!

So my question is, how do you know it is the "right" time to have a baby? How did you make that decision? Is it normal to feel a bit anxious/petrified/worry about the future?

sundaesundae Mon 28-Jan-13 17:22:39

It is the one thing that is so hard to predict, we decided to get going as I was 29 and if it was going to take a long time we had time. In our case it didn't take long and I know others who are the same. Don't assume it will happen straightaway or that it will take years, it will take as long as it takes, but most people get pregnant within 1-2years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now