Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Aargh! Have I hurt/damaged baby by sleeping on back - 25 weeks PGA

(6 Posts)
LeBFG Sun 27-Jan-13 10:23:50

I'm a back sleeper too. They know that the blood doesn't run as well to/from uterus when you lay on your back for long periods - but that's a long way from saying that you can damage baby by doing so. If you are still very worried, have a pillow so that if you are on your back you are still tilted to one side (i.e. not compressing the vessels in the back).

Longfufu Sun 27-Jan-13 07:28:27

I always woke up on my back with DS1...he's fine.

MJP1 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:27:26

honey dont worry midwives told me sleep however you get comfortable, you'll wake youself up if you are in any discomfort. if you can during pregnancy, I am 38 weeks and if I actually am able to get any sleep I sleep on either side and my back and I have been known to wake up face down sort of on my stomach ???

CareerGirl01 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:21:00

Thanks sundae - I thought it only affected me but read on another site it cause problems to baby's blood supply; didn't worry about this when pg with DD1

sundaesundae Sat 26-Jan-13 22:15:02

Won't have done anything at all to the baby, don't worry. Might make you feel faint, but that is about it.

CareerGirl01 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:12:53

Am pg with DC2 have been sleeping on my bacj propped up on bed - but alternating with sleeping on my sides. Am now reading up and worried I may have compromised baby. To be honest it gets quite uncomfortable and I tend to move around a lot. Am now worried tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now