Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Aargh! Have I hurt/damaged baby by sleeping on back - 25 weeks PGA

(6 Posts)
CareerGirl01 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:12:53

Am pg with DC2 have been sleeping on my bacj propped up on bed - but alternating with sleeping on my sides. Am now reading up and worried I may have compromised baby. To be honest it gets quite uncomfortable and I tend to move around a lot. Am now worried tbh

sundaesundae Sat 26-Jan-13 22:15:02

Won't have done anything at all to the baby, don't worry. Might make you feel faint, but that is about it.

CareerGirl01 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:21:00

Thanks sundae - I thought it only affected me but read on another site it cause problems to baby's blood supply; didn't worry about this when pg with DD1

MJP1 Sat 26-Jan-13 22:27:26

honey dont worry midwives told me sleep however you get comfortable, you'll wake youself up if you are in any discomfort. if you can during pregnancy, I am 38 weeks and if I actually am able to get any sleep I sleep on either side and my back and I have been known to wake up face down sort of on my stomach ???

Longfufu Sun 27-Jan-13 07:28:27

I always woke up on my back with DS1...he's fine.

LeBFG Sun 27-Jan-13 10:23:50

I'm a back sleeper too. They know that the blood doesn't run as well to/from uterus when you lay on your back for long periods - but that's a long way from saying that you can damage baby by doing so. If you are still very worried, have a pillow so that if you are on your back you are still tilted to one side (i.e. not compressing the vessels in the back).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now