Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's the earliest you've had a BFP?

(25 Posts)
Woodifer Thu 31-Jan-13 06:23:26

Downtown I took buscopan to combat the impending "AF" cramps I was starting to feel. Just been for scan last week, was 10+3 instead of 12 weeks expected based on LMP. This means I tested positive at 11 dpo no wonder line was faint!

honey86 Wed 30-Jan-13 22:38:18

congratulations pickle gringrin x

picklepickle Mon 28-Jan-13 22:07:42

Thanks all, had no idea that I could have a bfp so early.
Extreme tiredness started this morning but still very excited xx

Rikalaily Sun 27-Jan-13 23:09:50

I got a REALLY strong positive at 7dpo with no.2 (test line was darker than the control line) Was honestly worried that it was twins, lol.
Congratulations smile

weelisa0811 Sun 27-Jan-13 23:04:05

Hi everyone I'm new to this grin I done a test 2 days before my period due date and my line was positive an so was the 5 tests after that hehe! I'm now 21 weeks with a healthy unborn boy.

Verekerlady Sun 27-Jan-13 22:11:40

I was 3 and a half weeks pg this time, had thrush (never had it before) and tried to buy canesten but pharmacist wouldn't sell it to me in case I was pg, so bought a test instead and got the faintest of lines! Congratulations!

honey86 Sun 27-Jan-13 21:23:48

i was 3 weeks preg with my dd when i got her faint bfp xx

picklepickle Sun 27-Jan-13 21:18:01

Hi all, thanks for responses, I tested 12 days after and again today (+14) and the line is definitely a line now. It's starting to sink in now. This will be 3rd and final so feels really special as I probably won't experience any of this again..
This will last time I will pee on a stick! (Well apart from the next few days when I'll just be checking!!)

Twattybollocks Sun 27-Jan-13 16:22:43

Faint line 9 days after the deed. I had ivf so I know for sure when conception happened!

Blobby11 Sun 27-Jan-13 12:59:20

I got a faint line at 3 + 2 ie 5 days before AF due. I'm now 17 weeks smile

Congratulations picklepickle a line is a line grin

Bottleoffish Sun 27-Jan-13 11:11:39

In my last pregnancy I got a positive on Cycle day 21, although I must have ovulated earlier than usual as my cycles are normally 32 days plus. That was on an internet cheapy but I got a positive on a digital when I tried two days later. The GP didn't even query it when I went and she worked out I was 3 weeks 4 days... grin

mylittlemonkey Sun 27-Jan-13 06:54:19

I think it depends on the person and how strong the hormone is in the wee you are testing. I have had a -ve the day after AF due and did not get positive until the next morning. I think this was due to fact I had drank loads during the day and tested in the evening. I have also had a v faint +ve up to 4 days before AF due with another PG. A line, however faint, is a line which in all likelihood means you are PG. Congrats!!

quickdowntonson Sun 27-Jan-13 00:41:25

I've only had positives on the day af is due. I'm 7dpo now, and experiencing mild cramps twinges, some if them similar to mild af cramps. Did anyone else have this before a BFP?

Sushka Sun 27-Jan-13 00:01:36

I had a faint line five days before period was due and in the evening as well - had the same symptoms as with my first for a couple of days by then, so couldn't wait until morning to confirm! Retested on the day when period was due - very clear line. My tests were simple boots ones.

Pritchyx Sat 26-Jan-13 23:50:56

A line is a line! Congrats smile
I tested positive 3 days before my period was due and was only off the pill for 5 weeks.. But I'm now 24+6 with a healthy and happy unborn! X

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sat 26-Jan-13 22:56:02

Was a really strong positive too!

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sat 26-Jan-13 22:55:26

I was 3+5 when I worked it out with MNs help!2

itsallinmyhead Sat 26-Jan-13 21:47:54

Thanks Pickle. I didn't believe it even when I was the size of a house ha!

My BFP was with the cheapest of cheap tests but it was strong.

I hope you are able to confirm either way soon.

Congratulations might well be the order of the day!

picklepickle Sat 26-Jan-13 21:40:10

Hi itsallinmyhead, congratulations to you. I think I am, but still can't believe it..

itsallinmyhead Sat 26-Jan-13 21:32:48

I 'felt' I was pg with DS (7 weeks). I done a test and it was neg but I knew I was. Done another a week later and had my BFP.

I knew straight away and it felt like I was pg forever waiting for the exciting arrival.

picklepickle Sat 26-Jan-13 21:30:07

Hi racheld33, glad to know it's not just me who's impatient! Was really expecting a negative, which it was to start with, but by the time I reached my husband it was a definite faint line. He couldn't wait to tell family, I was just worried I've done the test wrong and we have to say "false alarm"!!

racheld33 Sat 26-Jan-13 21:20:53

Hi, I got the faintest line in the world 7 days before period was due, the line got darker every day after that!

picklepickle Sat 26-Jan-13 21:11:37

Thanks sundaesundae, my ds2 is 3, so being that bit older I thought it would take at least a few months. Still in shock!!

sundaesundae Sat 26-Jan-13 21:04:24

A line is a line as long as it came up within the allotted time... congratulations are probably in order!

picklepickle Sat 26-Jan-13 21:01:50

Just started ttc #3, Last period was 3/1/13, ttc on 13/14 and felt really dizzy with a headache and blurred vision last week.
Tested yesterday morning and had a very faint BFP. I can't be can I? Is it too early for a test to be positive, 6 days before next period due? Used very basic tesco test...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now