Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Will my rings ever fit me?!? And my shoes?!?

(14 Posts)
Startail Sun 27-Jan-13 14:58:33

For not door

Startail Sun 27-Jan-13 14:57:57

I'm also one chest size bigger on bra's.

DD1 pushed my ribs out and they have never gone back.

Sadly, despite feeding door years I'm still a miserable B cup.
I have big hips and one size bigger would have made a lot of dresses fit so much better.

Rosa Sun 27-Jan-13 14:56:54

Rings probably. I had a hormone problem and my knuckles took ages to go down . Feet 1/2 a size with second pg.....

Startail Sun 27-Jan-13 14:54:42

Maybe, maybe not.
After DD1 they did after DD2 my fingers have not gone back and my feet are slightly wider.

She's 11 so I don't think this will change.

Rockchick1984 Sun 27-Jan-13 14:51:25

Same as everyone else, rings eventually fit normally again, maybe a tiny bit tighter but unless they were a bit on the small side to begin with you will be fine. My feet have stayed a size bigger than pre pregnancy though and DS is nearly 2 sad

incyspider Sun 27-Jan-13 14:04:11

I couldn't get my engagement ring back on comfortably until I'd finished breastfeeding DC1 a year after having her. Now I'm 36 weeks pregnant with DC2 and its so loose it spins on my finger! Very odd.

As for shoes I seem to have one up 1/2 a size in flats and a full size in heels. I can't bring myself to throw out my nice pre-children heels though sad

Weekipper Sun 27-Jan-13 07:33:16

I just got my rings on and my LO is 23 weeks. I tried earlier but got it stuck! That scared me off trying again for a while.

Longfufu Sun 27-Jan-13 07:24:31

My feet are a size bigger after having DS, rings are fine and went back on fine despite have massive pregnant sausage fingers phew!

Mixxy Sun 27-Jan-13 00:39:17

I really hope my hands go down after the birth. Can't get my wedding ring on and DH bought me a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring at Christmas because we are having a boy. Couldn't really afford the ring, really can't afford to resize!

mylittlemonkey Sat 26-Jan-13 22:41:15

With DC1 it did take a long time for me to be able to get rings back on again, could have been 3 or 4 months actually so I would definitely wait a while. I did get back into shoes a bit quicker than that but it did take a long time for the water retention to go. Have not had much at all this PG and still wearing rings and shoes at 38 weeks.

meditrina Sat 26-Jan-13 21:24:19

Rings probably will go back: wait for a bit longer.

Feet are less likely to do so, the extra weight of the pregnant body pressing down on PG softened ligaments usually means permanent spread. Sorry.

Springforward Sat 26-Jan-13 20:53:43

Oh sorry, just realised you said 10 wks after birth, not pregnant! Ignore me....

Springforward Sat 26-Jan-13 20:52:03

Yes, they will. With DS I retained a ridiculous amount of water everywhere, went up half a shoe size and put my rings away by 16 weeks. Went back to normal within a few days of birth. This time I've got to 22 weeks with nothing (yet).

AC786 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:44:53

My baby is now 10 weeks old but my rings still do not fit me. It seems that my knuckle is too big. Will they fit again or should I resize? My shoes still feel tight despite the swelling having disappeared. Will they fit?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now