Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Will my rings ever fit me?!? And my shoes?!?

(14 Posts)
AC786 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:44:53

My baby is now 10 weeks old but my rings still do not fit me. It seems that my knuckle is too big. Will they fit again or should I resize? My shoes still feel tight despite the swelling having disappeared. Will they fit?!

Springforward Sat 26-Jan-13 20:52:03

Yes, they will. With DS I retained a ridiculous amount of water everywhere, went up half a shoe size and put my rings away by 16 weeks. Went back to normal within a few days of birth. This time I've got to 22 weeks with nothing (yet).

Springforward Sat 26-Jan-13 20:53:43

Oh sorry, just realised you said 10 wks after birth, not pregnant! Ignore me....

meditrina Sat 26-Jan-13 21:24:19

Rings probably will go back: wait for a bit longer.

Feet are less likely to do so, the extra weight of the pregnant body pressing down on PG softened ligaments usually means permanent spread. Sorry.

mylittlemonkey Sat 26-Jan-13 22:41:15

With DC1 it did take a long time for me to be able to get rings back on again, could have been 3 or 4 months actually so I would definitely wait a while. I did get back into shoes a bit quicker than that but it did take a long time for the water retention to go. Have not had much at all this PG and still wearing rings and shoes at 38 weeks.

Mixxy Sun 27-Jan-13 00:39:17

I really hope my hands go down after the birth. Can't get my wedding ring on and DH bought me a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring at Christmas because we are having a boy. Couldn't really afford the ring, really can't afford to resize!

Longfufu Sun 27-Jan-13 07:24:31

My feet are a size bigger after having DS, rings are fine and went back on fine despite have massive pregnant sausage fingers phew!

Weekipper Sun 27-Jan-13 07:33:16

I just got my rings on and my LO is 23 weeks. I tried earlier but got it stuck! That scared me off trying again for a while.

incyspider Sun 27-Jan-13 14:04:11

I couldn't get my engagement ring back on comfortably until I'd finished breastfeeding DC1 a year after having her. Now I'm 36 weeks pregnant with DC2 and its so loose it spins on my finger! Very odd.

As for shoes I seem to have one up 1/2 a size in flats and a full size in heels. I can't bring myself to throw out my nice pre-children heels though sad

Rockchick1984 Sun 27-Jan-13 14:51:25

Same as everyone else, rings eventually fit normally again, maybe a tiny bit tighter but unless they were a bit on the small side to begin with you will be fine. My feet have stayed a size bigger than pre pregnancy though and DS is nearly 2 sad

Startail Sun 27-Jan-13 14:54:42

Maybe, maybe not.
After DD1 they did after DD2 my fingers have not gone back and my feet are slightly wider.

She's 11 so I don't think this will change.

Rosa Sun 27-Jan-13 14:56:54

Rings probably. I had a hormone problem and my knuckles took ages to go down . Feet 1/2 a size with second pg.....

Startail Sun 27-Jan-13 14:57:57

I'm also one chest size bigger on bra's.

DD1 pushed my ribs out and they have never gone back.

Sadly, despite feeding door years I'm still a miserable B cup.
I have big hips and one size bigger would have made a lot of dresses fit so much better.

Startail Sun 27-Jan-13 14:58:33

For not door

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now