Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Worried, 17 weeks not showing at all! And extreme craving of RAW PRAWNS!

(10 Posts)

I'm 14+1 with DC2, not yet showing at all and I am 9st 8lbs, I've lost weight this pregnancy as well even without sickness and don't really eat at all (1 small meal a day and maybe a small portion of fruit if I am hungry). I've been told it's fine as the baby will take what it needs before you get anything.

Last pg I was around 26 weeks before I had a "bump", before that I just looked bloated.

Rache1S Sat 26-Jan-13 17:42:42

P.S. There is a picture of my current (non) bump if you click on my photos.

Rache1S Sat 26-Jan-13 17:41:52

I am 18+3 and haven't really got a bump, just look/feel a bit bloated. I had a scan at 17+1 showing a healthy baby of normal size so it obviously isn't a problem and I have started to feel some kicking over the last week or so. I'm sure the bump will happen for us but for now I'm just enjoying that my normal clothes still fit grin

DolomitesDonkey Sat 26-Jan-13 17:29:34

I didn't show until 17 weeks with my first and both times I came home from the hospital and my neighbours hadn't known I was pregnant.

AND I accidentally ate raw prawns during my first pregnancy because I'm a knob and my pregnancy brain had me eating a sandwich thinking "these prawns are a bit weird... not sure I like them"... and then it clicked. blush

beckie90 Sat 26-Jan-13 17:21:44

It's fine not to be showing at 17wk honest smile ds2 I didn't show till 35wk, I lost weight from nausea going from 9st to 7.5st I went into labour weighing 9st so same as pre pregnancy, ds was 9ib and was fine. Every pregnancy is different some gain some loose, some show early some don't. Congratulations. And pink prawns are fine, I ate them Christmas day in my prawn cocktail xx

sundaesundae Sat 26-Jan-13 17:06:08

I wouldn't worry, everyone is different and shows at different points. Pink prawns are fine to eat, they are cooked, grey ones no-one should eat as they are uncooked smile

You don't need to eat any more till third trimester, so after 28 weeks, so don't worry about eating for two.

I haven't had an appetite all pregnancy, 32 weeks now and not come back, but baby is fine. I manage a few meals a day and take vitamins.

lollypopsicle Sat 26-Jan-13 17:02:04

Are you sure you mean raw prawns? Raw prawns are blue/grey in colour. I don't know many people who would eat them like that. Prawns are commonly sold cooked (pink in colour) but chilled or frozen. These are fine to eat in pregnancy. Check out the NHS website that confirms this. I've eaten plenty grin

Finally, I'm very jealous of you flat tummy at 17 weeks. Be proud of it!

Shallishanti Fri 25-Jan-13 23:57:55

you are right, you are more likely to get food poisoning when pg AND it could be bad for baby so DONT eat those prawns (even cooked is dodgy) don't worry about not showing, that's quite normal as long as you are eating a good diet the baby will get what it needs. Don't listen to people, they just like to have something to say- if you were showing it would be 'oh, you must be hanving a big baby, are you sure it's just one, ' etc etc

TheSecretCervixDNCOP Fri 25-Jan-13 23:48:52

I'm slim and didn't really show with this one till 22 weeks (am 25wks now) and it was same with when I was pg with DD too.

WRT prawns, it is not advisable to eat them raw, but cooked (pink) is safe as I ate them whilst pregnant with my daughter.

Hope that helped.

kandiizsweet Fri 25-Jan-13 23:46:18

Hey im currently 17 weeks pregnant, im a slim girl in general i weigh 9 stones, always been thin since i was young no matter how much i ate! some may say thats lucky however in my personal opinion id love to have a bit of meat on me sad anyways since being pregnant iv had a loss of appetite, im worried that this may be affecting my baby? i still eat everyday, i eat fruit everyday and take pregnacare however just worried that im not filling my slef up with enough food, also im not showing AT ALL my stomach is still completly flat colleuges and friends have jokingly said "are you sure your pregnant?" im just worried that this is because of lack of food? also some days i do eat well so this isint everyday but im still concerned about not showing and to be honest cant wait to actually have a bump! its so annoying lol. another friend of mine is also 17 weeks pregnant and she is massive! and im like omg i wish i looked like you! Secondly i have a slight worrying cravings to raw prawns! the ones that u can buy from the market, or ones that come in packages from stores, i just crave them the thought of them with salt and vinegar just makes me drool lool, dont worry i havent ate any! but to think that i cant eat any actually sometimes makes me really upset? is it really bad to eat raw prawns and why? is it because you have a higher chance of getting food poisoning while pregnant? thanks guys! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now