Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Goitre 33 weeks pregnant???

(4 Posts)
crocpop Mon 18-Feb-13 09:43:47

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies...I'm a bit new to the site and have only just seen them (assumed I'd get an email telling me someone has replied!). I went to GP in the end, after asking the midwife whether it was just a usual symptom (to which she replied she'd never seen one before), and I'm booked in for an ultrasound on my neck. Thyroid levels are all fine though so that's the most important thing for baby.
thnaks again
S

twilight81 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:18:27

My friend had one while she was pregnant.. She had to have it removed after her pregnancy. I would get it checked. X

Kilkers Thu 24-Jan-13 20:49:50

My mum has had one for a while, I would tell your GP just in case. Mum has had a wee bit of discomfort as it's pressing against her windpipe.

crocpop Thu 24-Jan-13 20:36:15

Hi all,
I have noticed a smooth, large lump on the right aide of the front of my throad/neck today (about half way down from my chin), which I think might be a goiter. I'm 33 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Has anyone else had this and is it anything to worry about/bother my GP with?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now