Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

missing appointments due to snow

(8 Posts)
specialknickers Mon 21-Jan-13 10:56:04

I just had to cancel my midwife appointment this morning, the cab didn't show up on time... So annoying. Ds (3) and I were all bundled up in our winter coats and scarves and wellies and whatnot with the clock ticking away. Grrrr.

Have rearranged for later this afternoon (someone cancelled) and I'm just going to try to walk it (in 4 inches of snow, with chronic pgp and a toddler who's not great at walking. Wish me luck!).

TwitchyTail Mon 21-Jan-13 10:40:30

Bear in mind that a lot of other people will be cancelling due to the weather, so that should free up time later in the clinic. I would call up and see if you can rearrange for later, have a few back-up plans in place (a few taxi firms etc), but in the end just get there whenever you can.

I have cancelled an appointment today but it's a non-urgent one that can be easily rearranged.

themindwonders Mon 21-Jan-13 08:45:55

when i was preg with dc2 we had really bad snow and i was very early for scan (was lunchtime appointment and i left home at 9) they just seen me and said they accepted ppl will just turn up whenever - ring and say ur trying or rearrange

lots of luck x

LouiseD29 Mon 21-Jan-13 08:18:16

Good luck!

steph2412 Mon 21-Jan-13 07:43:21

Thanks i dont mind getting a taxi as its only about £8 and i dont want to miss app as its quite an important one but the taaxi firm said on saturday they may close due to weather and its worse now. on a positive note oh gets bus to work and he said bus has come its just taking a bit longer!thanks for replying

Could you phone the hospital, explain the situation and try to get a later appt time?

LouiseD29 Mon 21-Jan-13 07:28:07

if there's no friend / family member / OH who could help, could you afford a taxi, just this once?

steph2412 Mon 21-Jan-13 07:22:21

Morning all just after a bit of advice really i dont have a car so rely on publuc transport. On friday i had to cancel my gtt due to bad weather aand not been aable to get to the hospital. Im ment to be seeing the consultant tommoro for my 28 week scan and bloods and review im high risk due to previous complications in previous pg. My apppointment is at 8:30 and im aalmost sure i wont be able to get there in the snow. Dont know what im asking really just dont want to miss this app and cant see a way around it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now