Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel silly but not sure if i'm in labour!

(5 Posts)
SGphotography Mon 21-Jan-13 01:44:56

I'm 40 +10 and at 8am i'm supposed to ring the hospital to see if they have a free bed so i can be induced. However i've been having contractions for 2 days. 1st day they were regular and got down to 10 mins apart but didn't get stronger or longer and just felt like really bad period pains. 2nd day they've got stronger to the point where i'm now using a tens machine as the pain is really bad (or maybe i'm more of a wimp than i thought) but they're not regular or longer. I can't sleep as the pain is bad, but when i use the tens machine they're manageable.
I don't know what to do? I'm really tired and worried i'm going to be too exhausted to do anything
Any advice?

Pascha Mon 21-Jan-13 02:13:53

Give labour ward a call. If the cx are painful enough for the tens to be working then obviously something is happening. They might tell you to hold on til morning but if it gets to the point where you can't talk through a contraction then you should ask to go in.

ilovecolinfirth Mon 21-Jan-13 05:09:18

Ooooh, good luck!

Twattybollocks Mon 21-Jan-13 07:08:04

If its your first it can take a couple of days for your body to get the hang of the regular bit, but it sounds like things are starting so it shouldn't take too much to kick you into proper labour.

Bibs123 Mon 21-Jan-13 08:14:34

labour ward will tell you to take some paracetomal and phone back when they are lasting a minute and are regular but you should phone if you are worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now