Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

OBEM

(28 Posts)
smiler389 Sun 20-Jan-13 21:06:42

Just watched first three seconds of OBEM and came over all shaken and panicked. Screamed at hubby to turn it off. Hmph. Thought I was doing well not worrying about labour but may have just been in denial.

Any thoughts? Do you watch it? How does it make you feel?

Katydive Mon 21-Jan-13 14:31:07

I'm on my third, one horrible labour, one fantastic. I love OBEM as I have always looked forward to going into labour (right up until the last hour!) I'm amazed with how many women they still have on their back on a bed, IMHO the best, and less painful by far is on your knees either in water (my fav) or over a ball etc. I also find on there that when it sounds like they are just about to drop they are only about 1cm!! I do think they do choose a lot of women deliberately who are more 'vocal' or raring to go a bit too soon!!

lovemybabyboy Mon 21-Jan-13 14:43:22

I love it, I have watched all of the series since it started, I always cry when the babies are born. It makes me remember those first wonderful moments meeting my two DS's, and now it makes me feel like I can not wait to do it all again, I am 14 weeks with DC3.

Msbluesky32 Mon 21-Jan-13 14:59:08

A couple of weeks back there was a really relaxed lady on there, she didnt use drugs and used their new active birth room. I quite liked seeing that one! She swayed on the ball, did some breathing exercises and meditation and when the baby came she was a little louder but not screaming. It would be nice if they aired more of those to balance it out a bit but I guess it doesn't make compelling telly if there isn't much going on...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now