Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Implantation cramping....any experiences?

(12 Posts)
whiterose2011 Wed 23-Jan-13 19:26:54

Still no AF! And no BFP either! God I hate this waiting game! hmm

whiterose2011 Mon 21-Jan-13 13:12:58

So I POAS and got a BFN. Grrr. Hopefully I've just not got enough of the pregnancy hormone to register yet. My periods have been dead on 28 days since my mc in September so I hope this is just AF playing tricks on me. I'll test again in a few days if AF hasn't shown up. Why did they make this ttc so blooming difficult! hmm

ScottishLassAboutToPass Mon 21-Jan-13 09:29:18

Yes they do exist! I'm due any day now with DD3 but all 5 times I've been pregnant I've known a few days in advance of AF due date as have had a 'scratchy' feeling down there, followed by very tingly boobs, and with all successful pregnancy's (3) light spotting, followed by the the 'usual' pre AF cramps. I would find the cramps really hard to distinguish it weren't for the other symptoms though! Goodluck!

bogbean Mon 21-Jan-13 08:48:28

I had cramps for days - right when my period was due. I was convinced I wasn't pregnant. They were unusually "stingy" and "jabby" feeling. I also had strange cramps after sex. Turns out I was pregnant after all!

CarriePie Sun 20-Jan-13 22:25:31

I had terrible pains in the night about 3 days after I was due on. They were so bad that I almost couldn't believe it when there was no blood when I got up to visit the loo!
For me it was just like period pain but a bit worse.
Weirdly I also woke up 3 nights in a row after that positive that I needed a poo (sorry tmi!) you know the kind of cramps you get when you have an upset tummy. But again, nothing when I went to the loo. I had a positive pregnancy test a week after I was due on and am now 11 weeks.
smile

Thornintherose Sun 20-Jan-13 21:54:35

I got period type pains for 2 days around 5 days before AF due - found out I was pregnant a week ago! POAS!

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sun 20-Jan-13 21:51:27

Yes. And I passed a clot too. GP reckons it was implantation bleeding which had pooled. You need to PAOS. Pop I to your nearest pound shop and stock up. They're very sensitive and you get 2 for a pound. You can then POAS to your hearts content! Good luck. Xxx

Eletheomel Sun 20-Jan-13 21:35:58

Not sure if it was technically implantation cramping, but I started getting period-type cramps 2 days before my period was due (back ache, sore stomach, general sense of heaviness) and they continued for 4 or 5 days after my period was due (I tested when I was 4 days late and it was a BFP)

I was very surprised as it felt exactly like period cramps and I was sure my period was due (but just a wee bit later than normal) so was carrying sanitary stuff with me all the time, and was wearing a panty liner just in case!

Didn't have this when I was pregnant with my DS, so this was a first for me.

chewingguminmyhair Sun 20-Jan-13 21:30:10

Ah, ok. Sorry - I don't have any implantation cramping experience but it definitely exists smile

whiterose2011 Sun 20-Jan-13 21:07:48

Haha! I've resisted POAS so far. I didn't get a positive test for my first pregnancy even after 7 days after AF was due so I don't want to waste a fortune when I'm pretty sure it will come up negative at this stage! I also find POAS addictive so doing my best not to bankrupt myself when AF might turn up in a few days!!!! smile

chewingguminmyhair Sun 20-Jan-13 20:58:42

POAS?

whiterose2011 Sun 20-Jan-13 20:54:18

So, AF is late and I've had some stomach cramps as well as back pain for a few days as well as quite a lot of CM since I ovulated.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but wondered if anyone had experienced implantation cramping? It's blooming typical isn't it!?! It would just be so much simpler if pg symptoms were the complete opposite to AF symptoms! Then we wouldn't send ourselves mad symptom spotting! Grrrr! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now