Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Baby monitor dilemma

(21 Posts)
Dogsmom Mon 28-Jan-13 16:10:55

We've bought the Angelcare one too as I am paranoid about her stopping breathing and this one lets you know if they do, (reminds me I need to research what to do if she ever DOES stop).

BuckyMummy Mon 28-Jan-13 15:24:08

I both use and highly recommend the BabyPing monitor. I did a fair bit of research, and decided that it was the best out there.

It sends the video footage straight to your iphone or ipad (or ipod touch i think). You can have it turned on constantly on your phone like a normal video/audio monitor, or it alerts you when it detects your LO is crying, so you can be getting on with stuff (or sleeping!) with your phone in your pocket or whatever and it will let you know if you need to do anything.

You can view it from anywhere too, which means when DH travels for work he can check in and see his girl!

Defo worth checking out! I was gonna write a proper review of it on here actually!

Angelcare one here too. But only because I am a worrier.

rrreow Mon 21-Jan-13 14:30:33

I have a Philips AVENT one which works a treat in our 3 floor home (built beginning of the 20th century - so thick walls etc). I'm currently on 1st floor listening to DH change DSs nappy on the 3rd floor grin. Very reliable and I'd definitely recommend it if you have a house with thick walls or need it to be reliable with several floors in between.

Have a look in the baby monitor section too (under products). Logs of reviews and recommendations there

Cymru82 Sun 20-Jan-13 18:32:50

Thanks everyone for all your advice, it looks like BT gets a lot of good comments, so think we'll go with that. Another job done thanks smile grin

Flisspaps Sun 20-Jan-13 12:23:21

We have a basic Tomy one. Had it 3 years (DD and then for DS). I only need it so I can hear him cry if he wakes up while I'm downstairs. Wr don't use it once we go to bed. I didn't want one with any spangly features like music, video or a tea making service.

Rowan1204 Sun 20-Jan-13 12:11:08

I didnt used one for my DS but bought one for my brother and sil recently and spent quite a bit of time researching - also went for the BT one after reading lots and lots of great reviews and they have found it great so far. I will be buying the same model when my twins arrive smile

LittleDonkin Sun 20-Jan-13 12:07:27

I used the Angelcare monitor for my DD and I will use it again for this baby.

Caitycat Sun 20-Jan-13 11:24:09

I have angelcare one which has a movement sensor pad. It sets off an alarm if baby stops breathing as well as giving good sound quality and room temperature. They ate quite expensive but got mine on eBay and love it for the peace of mind it gives!

Eletheomel Sun 20-Jan-13 11:20:30

I had a BT one, can't remember the model, but it was just a sound one (no video or anything) but did have 4 tunes on it (which we never used) and a night light (which didnt really light anything up and again was never needed/used anyway).

I found the sound on the BT monitor great and will be using it again with this little one (we still use it with our 3 year old, he treats it like a 2-way radio now and likes to give us commands!)

I'm going to buy a Tomy one. The TD350 as I was also going to buy a room thermometer but this combines them. The reviews are pretty good.

bangersmashandbeans Sun 20-Jan-13 10:00:23

Another vote for BT. I had one with DD but unfortunately managed to run it over (monitor not DD!!) and have bought another one for when my second baby arrives.

essexmumma Sun 20-Jan-13 09:34:02

I had a Tomy with DD1 - rubbish!! I got a BT one for DD2 and its amazing, so clear, good battery and loads of great features. Purchased it from the BT outlet on eBay as they are returns and then reconditioned so its done extra well!!

Fairylea Sun 20-Jan-13 09:31:28

I find I can get an extra ten mins in bed whilst ds listens to the music and watches the lights when he wakes up.

Fairylea Sun 20-Jan-13 09:30:08

Bt digital pacifier one... lullabies and light show are fab ! And sound is crystal clear.

looneytune Sun 20-Jan-13 09:28:30

We've got the Motorola MBP36 Digital Video Monitor in ds2's bedroom and plan to use that for this baby. I used the same old standard baby monitor we had with ds1 nearly 10 years ago until ds2 went from a cot to a bed, being big climber, we were worried about what he'd get up to and it was just reassuring to be able to watch him (and it's got the option to move he camera up/down and side to side). You don't need to be able to see them though and they aren't cheap, I wouldn't have bought if ds2 wasn't so worrying with his adventures back then!! But I do love it and am glad it's still working so I can use this for dc3 smile

Bibs123 Sun 20-Jan-13 09:19:29

we hav the bt one. its very good.

learnermummy Sun 20-Jan-13 09:17:35

I loved my BT digital one I had for DS1 (6 years ago!) so will probably be looking at the newer model this time. You don't need the fancier models that play music etc though. Good luck x

Cymru82 Sun 20-Jan-13 08:39:50

* sorry 10 weeks to go!

Cymru82 Sun 20-Jan-13 08:38:52

Hi everyone, trying to research what baby monitors people are using and whether they would recommend it?

All help and info greatly received.

Thanks (10 was to go shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now