Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

need ideas please!

(13 Posts)
LadyMaryCrawley Sat 19-Jan-13 19:14:10

I'm 38 weeks pg with dc#1 and I want to get something nice for DH once the baby arrives because he's been so good and kind and supportive and generally brilliant during my pregnancy. But I can't think what! I did wonder about something from the baby, in a kind of "thank you for looking after mummy" way but is that too blurgh? Have any of you done this or thinking about doing this? He got LOADS of nice whisky for Christmas so that would be a bit meh.

Can anyone suggest a nice daddy present please? (I well up every time I think about it, thanks hormones!)

I'm thinking about gifting DH with a Kindle Fire. He keeps saying he wants one & has been great with DD & really helpful around the house etc.
I've had a completely trouble free pregnancy but he's still done loads to make my life easy!

lurcherlover Sat 19-Jan-13 19:20:11

Depends on your budget - a watch?

LadyMaryCrawley Sat 19-Jan-13 19:25:31

My budget is fairly tight, he can't wear watches or jewellery for work (apart from his wedding ring) and he is mad about cricket. sorry to drip feed!

bangersmashandbeans Sat 19-Jan-13 20:25:11

I'm going to watch this with interest as I love the idea of getting DH a prezzie for the same reasons you said. If he likes cricket how about tickets to a game?

Clarina Sat 19-Jan-13 20:29:23

Lovely idea! Have you looked on 'the handpicked collection' website or 'not on the high street.com'. Both have a huge range of gifts, range of prices & you can personalise things too. My husband is also cricket crazy & I got him a lovely cricket t-shirt from one of the websites for valentines day once. Good luck!

Clarina Sat 19-Jan-13 20:31:58

Just done a quick search on 'not on the high street' - there are a few cricket themed things. The t- shirt is there & there are cufflinks on sale?

LetMeAtTheWine Sat 19-Jan-13 20:33:31

I second notonthehighstreet.com - you can get some fantastic personalised gifts on there.

LadyMaryCrawley Sat 19-Jan-13 21:24:13

brilliant, thank you! I'll look at both those sites. I might also write him a letter for him to open after the birth, for when I'm too exhausted to speak and tell him how much I appreciate all he's done!

Clarina Sat 19-Jan-13 21:34:46

Now I'm welling up - a letter is a lovely idea x

Missingthemincepies Sat 19-Jan-13 21:35:38

Think the letter is a lovely idea. This or similar may be a nice idea?

Clarina Sat 19-Jan-13 21:36:56

Maybe a letter from baby - mummy told me that you really looked after her...

LadyMaryCrawley Sat 19-Jan-13 22:15:58

Aw, a letter from baby! <wells up again>

and the footprint thing looks really sweet too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now