Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Private Room?

(28 Posts)
ladymia Thu 17-Jan-13 16:43:02

The hospital I will be doing to can't guarantee that you will have one (you have to pay for this of course) I was just wondering if it's something you wanted you were able to get on the day?

RugBugs Sat 19-Jan-13 16:16:53

The private rooms at my local are £25 and partners are provided with a bed. I swear this info was not in my notes last time, I was cold, hungry and knackered after 2 nights on ward, I would have gladly spent £50 to get to sit on a sofa.
There's a private suite as well but they don't publish the prices for staying there.

flyingsprocket Sun 20-Jan-13 13:31:31

mrsL1984 most people don't choose to give birth in NHS hospitals. In most parts of the country NHS are the only hospitals available to give birth in.

I sincerely hope I can get a private room after giving birth, it's the most intimate hours of DP's & my lives so far. Having read the horror stories of the post natal wards on here, I certainly don't want to be listening to mobile phone conversations at 4am & smelling fast food from the next curtain!

PurpleStorm Sun 20-Jan-13 18:33:14

I got a private room (without asking, and for free) after DS was born prematurely - not sure if it was because the beds in the 4-bed bays were full, or whether it was because DS was in SCBU and the midwives thought a private room, away from mums with healthy babies next to them, would be less upsetting for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now