Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fantastic, fabulous 40+ Mums-to-be! Part 3

(1000 Posts)
eagleray Mon 14-Jan-13 20:38:19

We've run out of space so here's a new thread so we can support each other and talk about the trials, tribulations and utter joy at being pregnant at 40+

All new members welcome smile

BadMissM Mon 22-Apr-13 10:53:18

Waves welcome to Soopermum

Rosiedays Yes, I'm 27 weeks too.... Have had lots of 'oh dear', 'was it an accident?' and 'At your age?' ...I'm 45....

I know well the DD's DF problem, mine is in France and managed to avoid him for 9 years, but then he lied and cheated wheedled his way back into our lives...DD was not impressed though, cured her of romantic Daddy fantasy...Good luck on that one xxx

Painting furiously, as need to finish LO's room as in the next 3 weeks have BF from London visitng, followed by BF from Belgium and her DH and son, then mad Finnish friend from Dublin...!

Hi to sparkly animol greenwitch lotsofcheese notsoold iclaudius

BadMissM Mon 22-Apr-13 10:54:25

Ivml There will be 14 years between DD and LO....!

cyclecamper Mon 22-Apr-13 12:48:38

Hi Rosie glad you are here. Sorry you are having such a stressful time, hopefully it will calm down a bit by the time the baby arrives. I can't believe how tactless people can be! The worst I had was 'is that good news?' and 'are you happy about it?' - at least they checked before sticking their oar in! It was worse when I didn't think I was going to ever have children - lots of 'it'll be you soon' and 'when are you going to have one?', I found really upsetting, especially when I had pregnancy hormones and didn't realise it!grin.

Badmiss the chaos goes on for you, doesn't it! I'm so glad no-one ever visits us! I think they might have, but I had a friend living on my sofa for about a year a couple of years ago and anyone who might have come to stay got out of the idea grin.

Hello everyone else!

rosiedays Mon 22-Apr-13 18:36:14

I'm ready for anyone who dare question my baby s right to exist to my face! I will verbally rip them to pieces then have a cup of tea and blame it on my age and unplanned pregnancy hormones! ! Lol
Saw mw today who did all my 28 week checks bloods etc was really nice and told me not to over do it. Good to know i can head home with all pg admin in order
Now just need to convince dh I will be fine to drive my car after weeks of saying that
I would not do a long drive and making him drive me down for easter

iclaudius Mon 22-Apr-13 21:15:43

Blueberry a couple of us on here had the harmony test which was a godsend for me

BadMissM Mon 22-Apr-13 22:38:15

Yep, I second what iclaudius said, Blueberry.... I also had the Harmony Test and it was an absolute Godsend...put my mind at rest!

Blueberry68 Tue 23-Apr-13 09:31:42

Started bleeding this morning - GP at 1100 then supposed to have first mw appt this afternoon - oh the irony....

sparklysapphire Tue 23-Apr-13 09:46:07

Blueberry, I hope the bleeding turns out to be just a minor glitch & everything is ok. I'm thinking of you.

Rosie, nice to hear from you, I'm sorry you've had bad news and also that people are not as enthusiastic as you might expect about your pregnancy. I hope things improve soon.

Welcome soopermum and congratulations.

MissM is life running a bit more smoothly this week.

I've been fortunate in that nobody had questioned me being pregnant at 44 - maybe cos they don't know how old I am. I told DD at the weekend, she's very excited, she's 5 this week so also that's not an enormous gap. She's also been very practical, asking what we're going to do about a car seat for the baby, and thinking of other things he/she'll need, which has been lovely. I wasn't sure how she'd react so I'm relieved she's taken it so well.

Hi to everyone else, I hope all is well.

BadMissM Tue 23-Apr-13 11:37:52

blueberry Fingers crossed for you, hope it's all OK!

sparkly It's only when I have to tell them how old I am... (people usually think I'm younger)!!! Your DD sounds lovely!

Waves to everyone!

iclaudius Tue 23-Apr-13 12:14:36

Blueberry hoping its nothing xxxx let us know

Blueberry68 Tue 23-Apr-13 12:57:02

Scan tomorrow.....thanks for support guys xx

Animol Tue 23-Apr-13 14:19:08

Oh * blueberry* - hope it all goes Ok - thinking of you - all the best for your scan tomorrow

notsoold Tue 23-Apr-13 22:40:08

Blueberry... Hope everything is ok with you xxxx

Hi everyone <waving madly>

rosiedays Wed 24-Apr-13 08:42:22

morning,
Blueberry thinking of you this morning, hope your OK and all goes well at scan. x
sparkly your DD sounds adorable. how sweet to be so pratical. i'm sure she will be a huge help when baby comes. my DD1 was 2.5 when DD2 came and she had HER jobs like laying out the changing mat and putting dirty nappy in bin. she loved her little sis so much. (till DD2 was about 3 and got into biting and cut all her dolls hair off!!) OH happy days LOL.

I kind of understand why people 'comment' on my Pregnancy.... I really was the 'Girl least likely'. been there, done that, and had a wonderful crazy life that many were very envious of. took me a while to see Baby as the cherry on the top grin

So who is due next??? I can't see the due date thread???

iclaudius Wed 24-Apr-13 11:35:41

Blueberry thinking of you this morning x

Blueberry68 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:23:40

hello everyone - all fine - jumping around with little heartbeat clearly visible!! Feels much more real now - just the scans to get through now!
Thank u so much everyone for your thoughts means lots xxx

rosiedays Wed 24-Apr-13 14:31:11

grin grin grin
fab news blueberry hope the bleeding settles down now and you can start to enjoy grin

iclaudius Wed 24-Apr-13 22:59:18

just came to check - sooooo pleased!!!!

sparklysapphire Wed 24-Apr-13 23:21:47

Brilliant news that everything's ok blueberry, hope it's plain sailing from now on!

Animol Thu 25-Apr-13 16:45:15

Great news blueberry

I had a funny moment last night - we thought one of the dcs might have broken his arm - he hadn't of course I was just being a bit pfb ( precious fourth born smile ) - anyway, I was in a big waiting room before we saw the doctor and I watched 3 massively pregnant 40ish women walking around with their partners - I think they'd come in to the hospital to have their babies and been sent to have a walk round to get things going or something - anyway they all looked really tired and fed up and uncomfortable and I sat there thinking - what have I done?! What have I let myself in for - again!!!

Calmed down this morning - thinking now they've probably all already had their babies by now - oh well only another 29 weeks to go.......

rosiedays Thu 25-Apr-13 17:14:36

LOL animol they were probably only 26!!! Hope DS is OK... how many DC do you have????
my funny story for the day... DH HR manager called him to say she needed his leave request 15 weeks before due date to which he replied ' i don't have 15 weeks left!!!' AAAHHH (he has already given it in so no stress)
family situation has calmed slightly, and i'm managing to deal with most of it from here by phone. I will have to go back next week though. looking at the possitive I get to spend another week with my Best friend and her yummy 3month old..... strange i used to go see her with a bottle of wine and bags of new clothes..... now is bottles of milk and bags of nappies!!! Oh how life changes.

Blueberry68 Thu 25-Apr-13 19:01:38

Hi everyone all good here - bleeding seems to be settling so v happy! DD bday this weekend so parties & sleepovers for me - think I'll be in bed before them!

Animol Thu 25-Apr-13 20:15:34

Hi rosie - if they were only 26 that means when I'm about to give birth I'm going to look about 90!!!! I've got 4 DCs so far - looking forward to number 5. DC4 is absolutely fine, thanks.

All the best blueberry ,have fun at the parties - or sleep through them!

scarecrow22 Fri 26-Apr-13 13:14:41

hello from the far side - where, for me at least, life is so much sunnier and easier than being pg. The icing on the cake being snuggles with A warm soft baby to help compensate for the tiredness,and sirebits, though latter well in mend.
been lurking and had to do.e in and say am so relieved for you Blueberry and very much good all goes well from here. I'm onef of those who bled a fair bit for A few days early - and how have beautiful ( well to his mummy) healthy son. So glad worry reassured for you.
waves to BadMisd Sparkly, Cycle and the rest of you. Amazing new life to thread. can't wait to see you all as grads before long xxx

cyclecamper Fri 26-Apr-13 13:59:57

Hi Scarecrow!
I'm currently killing time in the hospital coffee shop, waiting for a scan. The Dr sent me to the maternal assessment unit this morning because my bp is a bit high so they are being very thorough and testing everything. I'm quite pleased to have a bonus look at the baby! I have to come on Sunday to have bp done again and they have decided to introduce me to a consultant.

This thread is not accepting new messages.