Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fantastic, fabulous 40+ Mums-to-be! Part 3

(1000 Posts)
eagleray Mon 14-Jan-13 20:38:19

We've run out of space so here's a new thread so we can support each other and talk about the trials, tribulations and utter joy at being pregnant at 40+

All new members welcome smile

iclaudius Tue 16-Apr-13 17:40:53

Blueberry don't stress the big gap is lovely !

BadMissM Tue 16-Apr-13 19:09:30

Need a rant. Grr Argh. Ordered some stuff rom Amazon. They claimed they delivered them (x 2 parcels), to someone called Dobson (not me). Hours in the phone to someone in a callcentre somewhere not in England. Offer to refund me. Don't want a sodding refund, want what I ordered, especially the dark blue changing mat as I have spent the last 6 months looking for one I can afford.

After posting a grrrrr on FB moaning about the fact I then found out it had been delivered to my last address. Said if it had it would probably be to the letting agency we had a long nightmare with, (old house empty as they are now doing all the repairs we asked to be done for 3 years -then they evicted us). I was also pretty sure one of the people there was called Dobson....

Then I get a message from said letting agency....quelle surprise, it was them... Saying they DID have it, and that I was accusing them of being thieves on FB. Well, if they knew how to contact me to whinge, surely they would have contacted me to tell me? Or they could have rung my mobile (which they had)...unless they were planning to keep it and just got caught out? They ranted on about this as if I had accused them of something untrue...and made reference to OH being a postman. Wasn't delivered by Royal Mail though, but 2 couriers...

Wouldn't mind, but OH is a postman...he says it's fraud and theft under the Postal Services Act.

Question is, who in this crappy little town told them? My FB set to friends only, and my friends know what hell we went through with them...

This is from people who made us live in a mouldy hellhole for 3 years, now getting on their high horse...GRRRRRRRRAAAARGH! I can't moan anywhere!!

DoTheStrand Tue 16-Apr-13 21:15:45

Thanks iclaudius - always good to here other people's success stories, it gives me hope.

It doesn't surprise me that the only comment I've had about my username is on a 40+ thread! DH is a massive Roxy Music / Bryan Ferry fan (and he's even older than us grin) Each time I have been pregnant he's suggested Bryan Ferry's children's names - not surprisingly Merlin got the thumbs down from me, and Otis was crossed off when DSS2 told me the only Otises he knew were Labradors.

BadMissM sorry about your day, hope you get your parcel back.

Blueberry68 Tue 16-Apr-13 21:18:33

Hiya feeling much better - decided if its good enough for Halle Berry - who is older than me incidentally - then it's good enough for me!! Of course still very early days so better not get too excited!

iclaudius Tue 16-Apr-13 21:35:20

Dothestrand - so pleased to be the first!! I love both merlin and Otis but Otis and the hunt put us off

Blueberry quite pleased about Halle too as I think she is a little older than me too !

The only downer is her beauty will rather leave me on the shade ( vain!)

Blueberry68 Tue 16-Apr-13 21:57:26

Far too gorgeous isn't she & will snap back into shape no doubt!

JBrd Thu 18-Apr-13 10:37:16

Ladies, I have to say good-bye to you - again. Had my scan today, no heartbeat and an irregular sac that's measuring only 6 weeks instead of 8.5.
I'm numb, can't really grasp what is happening, not sure where I go from here... Unfortunately, I won't have the option for an ERPC this time, as it's too small for the surgery.

I wish you all the best for your pregnancies, have lots of lovely babies! xxx

Animol Thu 18-Apr-13 12:04:36

So sad to hear your news jbird
Take good care of yourself
Hope we'll see you again here soon - big hugs

notsoold Thu 18-Apr-13 13:15:31

Jbrd I am so sorry hun....all my love to you...xxxx

cyclecamper Thu 18-Apr-13 17:25:57

So sorry to hear that JBrd. Look after yourself. flowers

BadMissM Thu 18-Apr-13 17:42:24

Oh JBrd, am so sorry to hear that. Look after yourself, much love and many hugs xxx

lvml Thu 18-Apr-13 20:13:56

Hi! I'm so glad to see this thread! I'm 43yrs old and having second baby (hopefully!). 9yrs after our first if baby, we've implanted frozen embryos and so far so good! I've got first scan on 1st May, but more than anything I'm scared about the future. My husband and little man are fantastic, so I know they will be great help - but at times I do wonder if I'm too old for this.sad anyone else out there that's had two kids so far apart? Xx

Animol Thu 18-Apr-13 20:55:36

Welcome Ivml my youngest DC will be 6 next week - feels like a long time since we've done 'babies' - nappies, prams, maxi cosies, sleepless nights - oh no I'm making myself worried now! I also feel pretty old - I'll be 43 when baby arrives in Nov - all being well. I've got my 12 week scan in 10 days and then we're planning to tell everybody - I'm really not sure what people's reaction will be - but it doesn't really matter 'cos me and my husband are really chuffed to be having another smile

sparklysapphire Fri 19-Apr-13 13:40:26

JBrd, I'm so sorry to read your news and that you are suffering another m/c, especially so soon after the previous one. I hope the physical pain/bleeding stops soon. I'm thinking of you.

MissM, I hope you managed to get hold of your package. Wishing you a calm and incident free pregnancy from now on!

Hi to Blueberry & Ivml. I too wonder if I'm too old for all this - I'll be 45 when I have my baby. And I'm also a bit daunted about going back to the baby stage, DD wiil be 5 next week so I think it's going to be quite a shock - though obviously not as much as the first time I hope! I'm also worried about the age gap as it's bigger than I'd have liked, but can't change that now.

I had my 20 week scan on Monday, everything looks normal which of course is reassuring, but I still can't help worry because I'm so old. I'm going to tell DD this week as I wanted to get the scan out of the way. I went public at work this week as I knew people'd be starting to notice, and everyone seems very pleased for me. I just wish DH would start to at least try and accept it. He was still hoping something would go wrong & has now realised it probably won't. We are getting on ok, & I think maybe our holiday helped, but some days it's still really hard.

On a different note, has anyone done pregnancy yoga. I've found a class I can go to (tricky as I'm a shift worker) and think I'll probably give it a go, but was just wondering how others have found it.

Hi cyclecamper, notsoold, animol, lotofcheese (if you're still out there), iclaudius and anyone I've missed. I hope everyone is feeling well.

cyclecamper Fri 19-Apr-13 14:10:07

I did one pregnancy yoga class and it was good, but it is in the evening so I've been doing the 'normal' yoga class at the local leisure centre which has the advantage of being included in my membership and during the day. I don't like going out at night - I prefer to spend time with my husband. Unfortunately, my ante natal class starts next week and clashes with the class I've been doing so I might see if I can afford to go back to the pregnancy one. The normal one has been brilliant for keeping my back ache under control!

I'm 32 weeks today, which seems bizarre! It's going so fast. I've spent a lot of time this week washing baby stuff that I've been given. It's beginning to feel more real now - tiny socks on the line!

Welcome Ivml smile

Blueberry68 Fri 19-Apr-13 21:48:37

Hi ivml my dd will be 9 when this one arrives & my eldest will be 11 - I hope they can accept things & don't get ignored :-(
Sparklyshapphire glad to have another 45er - I'm only 8 weeks but my dh isn't overly thrilled either - am sure he'll come round but am sure he' d be secretly pleased if things didn't work out! Have you had many tests?

Blueberry68 Fri 19-Apr-13 21:49:28

By the way what's a dc?

iclaudius Fri 19-Apr-13 23:44:00

Me too (45!!)
I wish I knew where you all lived we could and should meet up!!

Blueberry68 Sat 20-Apr-13 19:03:13

Hi iclaudius this is sooo nice really felt very alone at this age & yr right would be awesome to meet up!
Telling my mum tonight - dh away but keep missing the gym & glasses of wine so she's going to suss something's wrong soon!

BadMissM Sat 20-Apr-13 19:12:32

blueberry Me too, 45 currently, will be 46 by the time baby arrives!

iclaudius We could try it?? You are not so far from me I think....

Have had a weird couple of days.....had a bit of a scare yesterday, pain on LHS, spent hours at the hospital, LO is OK though and they think I pulled a muscle... then someone got so seriously assaulted last night outside our house...we think it might have morphed into murder, he was in a bad way....

Blueberry68 Sat 20-Apr-13 19:23:53

BadMissM this gets better & better
Iclaudius god that all sounds v stressful - am I allowed to ask what area you live in?

Soopermum1 Sat 20-Apr-13 21:41:49

Hello All

Can I join, was on the thread on over 40s TTC, so better 'resign' from that. Am 39, but will be 40 when DC due, early December. Am about 7+3 and had a scan on Thursday as had some bleeding. All present and correct (and only the one- phew!)

DH said he was disappointed it wasn't twins, I could've whacked him grin

cyclecamper Sat 20-Apr-13 22:36:56

Congratulations and welcome, Soopermum!

Animol Mon 22-Apr-13 08:13:37

Welcome soopermum

rosiedays Mon 22-Apr-13 10:01:20

Hi everyone, time to Delurk blush
congrats to all those with new BFP'S
Hi cycle can't believe your at 32 weeks already!!!
badmiss were due about the same time i think ?
Me... 43 and 27 weeks. totally unexpected BFP and its been an emotional rollercoaster so far. Thankfully baby is a sticky one and growing well. Now seeing her as a wonderful new adventure. grin
I had some very very sad family news this weekend and might need a place to vent, and seek advice from some very wize heads. I have to go back to my home town and deal with people i have avioded dealing with for a very long time!!! (DD1's DF)
My pregnancy is being treated as either a huge joke (ha ha at your age!!!) or unfortunate (OH what a disaster!!) by family and friends which is going to make a tough situation tougher.....
I'm going to have to be a lot of things to a lot of people over the next couple of weeks and am really worried about not giving this new baby the priority she needs. sure you lot will keep me in line!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.