Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fantastic, fabulous 40+ Mums-to-be! Part 3

(1000 Posts)
eagleray Mon 14-Jan-13 20:38:19

We've run out of space so here's a new thread so we can support each other and talk about the trials, tribulations and utter joy at being pregnant at 40+

All new members welcome smile

scarecrow22 Thu 28-Mar-13 14:31:54

have you been ahead of dates before. I was c 1/2 week ahead last time after being spit on all through but can't believe the old tape measure method is that accurate?! especially when every visit to a different MW or consultant...
keep asking questions and keep asking for reassurance if you need. and can hardly believe you so close...am going to feel strange in thread without you, though an in excellent company smile

scarecrow22 Thu 28-Mar-13 14:32:28

or SPOT on all way through

somewherebecomingrain Thu 28-Mar-13 18:50:47

Scarecrow you are championly supportive.
I was 1 cm ahead at 28 weeks then 1.5 cm at 34 weeks and now 3 cm.
Anyway hope every one else is doing ok xx

scarecrow22 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:34:19

I am not being complacent but sounds like you might just have a very bonny little girl in there ;)
Metaphorically here to make tea and listen if you want to chat/worry out aloud but I have a good feeling about your little madam x

scarecrow22 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:36:50

PS BabyWow - I do not want to eat another nipple pad tonight. I hope you are getting your cute little bottom in gear and coming out pronto. For starters, they are Lansinoh, so not cheap ;)

ChairmanWow Fri 29-Mar-13 01:21:55

Baby Wow is here, and she's amazing! She's snuggling on my chest as I type this.

Bit of a crazy 24 hours - I started contracting last night so they arranged ARM at 5am only for my hind waters to go of their own accord. Got to 5cm with no problems then...nothing. Eventually it was decided in the evening after no further progress that section was the only solution. My bubba came into the world somewhat startled at 10.35pm weighing 8lbs 10. She had the cord wrapped round her armpits which is why she couldn't descend. But she's gorgeous and healthy so all's well that ends well.

DH was totally bloody amazing all the way through, but the best bit is that she has been trying to latch straight on and I've already produced more than I did in a whole month for DS (tongue tie). Things are looking hopeful for BFing. I can join the ranks of the sanctimonious at last wink

Thanks everyone for your kind messages and support on this thread. You're a lovely bunch of people and I don't think I can leave thanks

notsoold Fri 29-Mar-13 02:38:57

Babywow...welcome to the outside world....
Chair and Mr Chair...congratulations!!!
Xxxx

knickyknocks Fri 29-Mar-13 07:11:01

chairman thanks thanks thanks - another safe arrival! Well done you! Just wonderful fabulous news. You have been the most patient of all, just brilliant. Enjoy those wonderful newborn snuggles with your gorgeous little girl. I'm going to keep lurking on this thread as I feel the same about leaving sad but will go over to the graduate thread. Be wonderful to see you over there if you can. Well done my love. Just the best news to read first thing in the morning thanks

somewhere oh blimey I feel so silly now saying about the tummy muscles when it looks as though your pain is being caused by something else. Thank goodness it looks likely to be the mild end. I hope the GTT gives you comforting news. I agree with Scarecrow it sounds as if you've got the most wonderful bonny babe in your tummy. Hold on somewhere you're almost there. She'll be safe in your arms before you know it thanks

blueblackdye Fri 29-Mar-13 07:40:14

Another baby ! Welcome baby Wow, your mum was so impatient to meet you. Chairman, enjoy !

JBrd Fri 29-Mar-13 08:59:18

Congratulations, Chairman, and a warm welcome to the world for babyWow! flowers

scarecrow22 Fri 29-Mar-13 09:10:17

Oh Chairman, so so pleased you DD is safely in your arms. What a clever little girl to ignore me and stay safely inside if she could not get out. Glad the BF looking good and hope you can enjoy the cuddles and family bonding time. Am (supposed to be) in a hurry to get out of the house (!) so will pop in later and check for updates.

Babies Chair, W and KK all safely here. What a joyful spring it is grin

Okay BabySomewhere, you are officially top of the list smile

MrsWooster Fri 29-Mar-13 11:01:05

Congratulations Chair and welcome BabyChair. Enjoy the bliss- it took a day or so, to be honest. I think I was a bit conflicted about DS... but she really has sneaked onto my heart and, like everyone said, it's expanded so there's room for two easily! Enjoy feeding too; like you I had no supply and a t tie last time and now DDs tie is snipped there's gallons and she's going wild for it- which means my nips are falling off but this
too shall pass. I am a godless heathen but we are blessed by nature or something to have glorious babies and such bliss, especially at our stage in life...

scarecrow22 Fri 29-Mar-13 19:19:53

chair - hope it doesn't happen to you but a risk of CS is that get air trapped inside (more commonly known as wind) - if a problem fennel tea was ( for me <blush>) by far best remedy.
hope cuddles etc going well xx

somewherebecomingrain Fri 29-Mar-13 19:20:32

Congratulations wow and welcome baby wow at long last. What a wait - epic - you shoulda been first and you were last! Loving all this talk of bliss thanksthanksthanks hope you are resting up and great news re breast.

knicky don't feel silly love it was so nice and reassuring when you said that and anyway it is the muscles! Hope you and baby KK are enjoying loads of snuggles, your nether regions are calming down and that you are not sweating the ff - you sound like an ace mum, calm and feet on ground and kind - baby KK is sooo lucky.

AFM had GTT this am - bleeuuurgh that sugar water! hmm Treated my baby brain to heat and grazia - bored me senseless. My mum says my sis had a surprise tidal wave of amniotic fluid delivering her second, my lovely niece, which is oddly reassuring. Went out to lunch with old, newly babied up friends -said nothing about my polyhydramnios- and it was just lovely - we've met as a group many times but not as parents and it was oddly profound.

Deep down I am worried as there's an element of uncertainty. But luckily its small and theres nothing to do but wait. Five days tomorrow!

mrsw I think I'm getting really into that feeling of how can I love two and suddenly grieving the perfect oneness with ds. Your post was lovely about how your heart has grown.

Hugs to all - feeling a bit touchy freely and nurturing soz xxx

NewChoos Fri 29-Mar-13 19:39:04

Many many congrats- lovely new baby news!

BadMissM Fri 29-Mar-13 20:17:36

ChairmanWow CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanksthanksthanksthankswine Baby Wow...finally, but we can understand why you were reluctant to come out now!!! Welcome to the world, little Wow!

ChairmanWow Sun 31-Mar-13 00:24:30

You've all gone quiet. Are you stuffing your faces with Easter eggs? If not, why not?!

Baby W is just so gorgeous. She's well worth the wait. I'd forgotten the cute little snuffles. One positive about still being in hospital is that I get her all to myself a lot of the time. There are many negatives, mind. Mainly other people. I feel a bit stabby sometimes! But we should be home tomorrow. Woo hoo! Have missed DS like crazy. He's given me lots of cuddles when they've visited but it's not the same. Slightly nervous about how a boisterous 2 year old and a healing c-section will work but we'll manage.

scarecrow. Thanks for the tip. Actually I asked for some lactulose this morning as there hadn't been any bottom action since Wed and I was dreading that all-important first poo. I then had to sit there doing secret trumps all afternoon while my brother and his family were milling around. But by god that first poo was so much easier than last time without the fear of my undercarriage falling out. Lactulose, ladies. Get it down ya as soon as you've popped baby out. Wish I'd heard of it last time. grin.

On that charming note I'll wish you a happy Easter and see if I can try and get some shut-eye before the next baby in the never-ending relay starts crying. Night!

somewherebecomingrain Sun 31-Mar-13 10:48:32

It has gone quiet.

badmissm notsoold, jbrd, camper sparkly where are you?

Have cut sugar outta my diet totally for two days. would like this to be the explanation for my polyhydramnios as its a relatively benign explanation. I can actually suddenly feel the baby more, movements, bumping on cervix (ouch!) feet in ribs. Can't honestly say tummy feels smaller but I think it could be working.

Hugs to all - hope notsoold and jbrd you are doing well in those early days - I am cheering you both on.

camper hope you good

badmissm hope your neck ok and you alright - hope horrible ex leaving you alone and that your it is working out.

sparkly- hope you ok and dp getting his head sorted

Xxxx

BadMissM Sun 31-Mar-13 12:59:25

We're here somewhere! Just involved in a slightly bonkers family Easter...DH's family, that is. Mine are antisocial so not used to people making much of Easter! Stuffed and reeling with shock at all this sociability!

DD this morning 'Ooh, you suddenly look really pregnant'
Me: 'That's because I am, you'll meet bump in a few weeks'
DD: 'That scares the shit out of me'
Me:'That's my job, I'm the one who has to give birth!'

Neck still sore (sleeping badly again). Horrible ex taking DH to court in 2 weeks...even though he has put counter-claim in....

ChairmanWow Sounds like you and baby Wow doing fantastically! Glad is all going so well for you thanks

Somewhere Not so bad even if GTT positive....now have got my head round diet is not so bad...and at least you don't have so long to go...have been on pg diabetes diet since Jan!

somewherebecomingrain Sun 31-Mar-13 19:02:45

badmissm I know you'll cope as you can do surprise dinner parties for millions. Your dd is making me think about teenage - 'it's all about me' kinda sums it up tho your dd sounds more mature than most.

Hope court case nonsense goes away!

chairman lactulose did nothing to shift my, er, bowels last time. Oh it was horrific. I think linseed finally worked.

Look forward to hearing About the integration of the siblings

Xxx

cyclecamper Sun 31-Mar-13 21:24:35

Congratulations Wow! I'm a bit late to the fabulous news smile flowers

We're camping in a field with rather thin mobile signal so I've been a bit out of touch. Back to the real world tomorrow.

scarecrow22 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:41:26

This is specially for you, Somewhere... the all new, updated, mums-to-be list...

PREGNANT FAB 40s
Somewherebecomingrain, 40, DC2 girl due 11/4
Scarecrow22, 42, DC2 due 22/4 prob ELCS
BadBuddha 42, DC2 due 5/5
Blundermum 40, DC2 due early May?
Lotsofcheese, 40/41, DC2 (girl) due May (DS 4y)
Onemoreforgoodmeasure, 40, DC1 due 06/06
cyclecamper 42, DC1 due 14/06
BadMissM, 45, DC2, due 22/7
Newchoos, 40, DC2?, due July/Aug?
ScubaSarah, nrly 40, DC1?, due July 22-Aug 1
LottieH, 44, DC5, due mid August
Sparklysapphire, 44, DC2, due 28/8
BuzzBee, 40, DC2, due Sept
Notsoold, 41,DC3 due end of October
JBrd, 41, DC2, due end Nov

RECENT GRADS
TheNoodles, 41, DC1 due 14/3 (AWOL?)
ChairmanWow, 40, DC2 (girl), due 15/3 (b 28/3/13 by EMCS - clever little girl)
Knickyknocks, 40, DC2 due 17/3 (b 21/3/13)
MrsWooster, 46, DC2 due 31/3/13 (a palindrome!) girl (b 23/3/13)

At last you have made it to the top.
I'm a tad scared by this, but think you will be very pleased. You (nearly) made it girl!! grin

BadMiss smile at your DD's comment. Though like Somewhere I think she sounds absolutely lovely too. You must be a great mum. So hope neck, courtcase and all the other drama go away as you near the end.

Hat tip for cycle for camping in this cold and so pregnant. Though I camped a fair bit in last one, hips have never really recovered, so we spend most of our time in our VW camper now not tent. DD loves it too, which also helps. Meant to be doing family hols with LO for two weeks in it in July... oh, er!

We have had a nicely busy weekend and have eaten far too much. I did get an hour to go and have a swim alone today for first time in, literally, years. Was heaven. Made me want to do the whole birthing pool whale music thing (banned to me because of CS last time). I so wish I'd done more of this in this pregnancy, but guess I wasn't overburdened with free time!

Waves to everyone, and Happy EAster all xx

scarecrow22 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:45:11

BTW, are there any members of the very first original Fab 40s mums-to-be thread here still|? Somewhere wondering if you are the last founding mother, so to speak?
BBD, you might know if you are lurking??

somewherebecomingrain Sun 31-Mar-13 22:35:33

scarecrow hope I've got date right 4 u.

Not a founding mum - think that was midget or lrm who all gave birth around last October. They were all well away by the time I joined.

SPOILER ALERT Just went to see Side Effects. Maybe just me but I couldn't see ths clever commentary on a society seeking to protect itself from anxiety and the machinations of big pharma. It was just v old fashioned crims in the end with the medication as a plot enabler. But maybe that's my simpleminded ness 3 days before I give birth.

PREGNANT FAB 40s
Somewherebecomingrain, 40, DC2 girl due 4/4 by ELCS
Scarecrow22, 42, DC2 due 17/4 prob ELCS
BadBuddha 42, DC2 due 5/5
Blundermum 40, DC2 due early May?
Lotsofcheese, 40/41, DC2 (girl) due May (DS 4y)
Onemoreforgoodmeasure, 40, DC1 due 06/06
cyclecamper 42, DC1 due 14/06
BadMissM, 45, DC2, due 22/7
Newchoos, 40, DC2?, due July/Aug?
ScubaSarah, nrly 40, DC1?, due July 22-Aug 1
LottieH, 44, DC5, due mid August
Sparklysapphire, 44, DC2, due 28/8
BuzzBee, 40, DC2, due Sept
Notsoold, 41,DC3 due end of October
JBrd, 41, DC2, due end Nov

RECENT GRADS
TheNoodles, 41, DC1 due 14/3 (AWOL?)
ChairmanWow, 40, DC2 (girl), due 15/3 (b 28/3/13 by EMCS - clever little girl)
Knickyknocks, 40, DC2 due 17/3 (b 21/3/13)
MrsWooster, 46, DC2 due 31/3/13 (a palindrome!) girl (b 23/3/13)

eagleray Sun 31-Mar-13 22:50:25

Founding mum was LRM - first thread started way back in March last year I think.

Although this is thread no. 3, it is actually the 4th thread! I posted links to all of them somewhere near the top of this thread.

There's lots of original people still posting on the Grads thread. There's also been a lot of people post just the once. There's also been a few people who have joined, only to sadly have a MC but then rejoin and go on to have a healthy baby.

I lurked from the beginning of the first thread, but it took me another couple of months to get a BFP and start posting!

Somewhere - only 3 days?!?! shock

This thread is not accepting new messages.