Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Showing super early?

(14 Posts)

At 10 weeks your uterus is still small, about the size of a grapefruit, and your baby is tiny, just over an inch long. However your digestive system will have slowed down considerably and will be full of fluid and waste, so even when you don't feel bloated with wind, you'll still looked bloated. If you are anything like me you will be bigger at 12 weeks than you are at 14, as the bloat will go down before the bump proper appears.

Shellywelly1973 Tue 15-Jan-13 18:25:34

With my 1st i was still wearing normal clothes til about 26/28 weeks.

Im on no:6&only 6 weeks but tummy has popped out already. Im 6/8 normally & I've lost half a stone so my jeans are baggy on my legs but tight on my waist!

With no:5 i was maternity clothes by 8 weeks& looked full term by 28 weeks. I will probably just stop trying to cover it up, tell the family &buy some maternity stuff as i know within a few weeks of the birth i will be back to my normal size.

sumrandomgirl Mon 14-Jan-13 23:06:46

7 weeks pregnant and I swear my belly muscles have give up...I can not hold it in like I cud 4 weeks ago. It's my fourth child, have a 17 yr, 14 yr, and a 5 yr old. I have never fully got rid ov my baby belly but had slimmed down to a 12/14.

Now I feel 6 months gone an walk like I am 9 haha, not sure if its in my head coz I know wat to expect or if my body knows wat to do an is relaxing ready haha

SourSweets Mon 14-Jan-13 12:12:41

Thanks so much for all your messages, I feel much better knowing it's not just me! And PetCat, I never thought of all those other factors that go in to determining your bump size, so that's definitely good to take into consideration! I am tall but quite slim and have the hips "of an 8 year old boy" to quote my mum, so maybe this is playing a part too. Thank you everyone, and congratulations to you all! xx

mrsR1991 Mon 14-Jan-13 10:20:15

hey im just over 10 weeks also smile its my second baby but i already have a little bump.. bigger than with my daughter for sure as with her i didnt really show till i was past 4 months! congratulations on the pregnancy and dont feel gross, embrace it smile xx

I showed very early too (it was my first pregnancy), everyone told me it was all water but he was just a nice big healthy 10lb 6oz baby!

MulledWineandScully Mon 14-Jan-13 09:59:56

First pregnancy I didn't show til 6 months. Second it was 6 weeks!! I think it's because I have no stomach muscles whatsoever.

I'll get them back one day, I tell ya.

beckie90 Mon 14-Jan-13 09:55:43

First pregnancy, by 9wks I had a very obvious bump, quite large, but by the end it hadn't seem to get that much bigger. Ds2 I didn't show till 35 weeks, but ended up about the same size at 40 weeks as I was with ds1, ds2 was born weighing 9ib, while ds1 was only 6ib 8 2wk over. I just think each pregnancy is different. They said I didn't show till late with ds2 cause I had good tummy muscles, but I only had same if not better ones with ds1. Don't worry smile xxx

Longfufu Mon 14-Jan-13 08:32:45

In my first pregnancy I showed from 9 weeks, in my second I popped almost instantly, but I think that's down to CS first time around and no stomach muscles sad

Petcat Mon 14-Jan-13 07:56:48

Don't worry, for every thread on here with people worrying they're not showing by 25 weeks, you'll find just as many with people worrying their bumps are 'too big' early on. I was showing at 9 weeks and this is my first. My bump has grown consistently and is now really noticeable at 20 weeks.

At first I felt a bit embarrassed but realised everyone is different; your bump size depends on the length of your torso, the angle of your uterus, how quickly your other organs rearrange and how much fluid you're carrying, as much as the size of your baby.

Moving into maternity clothes at 13 weeks was heavenly, I can highly recommend accepting your bump and investing in some elasticated waistbands!

PhieEl06 Sun 13-Jan-13 23:19:18

I am, well I'm 13 weeks, but I have a small bump already, my first too & everyone kept telling me ooo you have really good core muscles it will take ages to show, erm no this hasn't happened, being a size 4/6 (I'm a dancer, sometimes people think I have an eating disorder saying that!) it's becoming rather obvious already, I don't fit into hardly any of my normal clothes now either! sad Shopping time now I guess!! grin

AgathaPinchBottom Sun 13-Jan-13 23:11:40

Hello! I feel for you! I was showing at three weeks... At ten weeks people were standing up for me on trains! I had the most enormous ten pound baby and although I'm tall - I have a small frame. I just had to tell everyone immediately instead of waiting for 12 weeks. I wouldn't worry too much, some people just show more than others. Congrats on your pregnancy!

redspottydress Sun 13-Jan-13 23:10:19

Yep! It was twins! I had a private scan at ten weeks because it was so obvious.

SourSweets Sun 13-Jan-13 23:02:28

Hi all,

I'm a little over 10 weeks and swear I look huge already. It's my first, pretty sure I don't have weak abdominal muscles, and although bloating makes it worse, I look big even when I don't feel bloated. AND I've lost weight everywhere else. Is/did any of you show this early? It doesn't seem possible and it's making me feel pretty gross, especially as no-one knows yet!

Thank you

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now