Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Grumpy - 34 wks with horrible sore throat, cough & cold, 20 month old daughter sick with same nasty cold & DH about to fly overseas with work for 3 wks :-((

(5 Posts)
StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 13-Jan-13 18:58:31

Standard paracetamol was the only drug the pharmacist would let me have when I popped in with a stinking cold on tuesday.
He recommended and I did the steaming bowl of boiling water with a couple of drops of olbas oil to clear the sinuses which provided temproary relief.
I did the same as bluesky but a bit more intense. Squeeze half a lemon into a mug plus more like a dessert/table spoon of honey and topped with just off the boil hot water!
Not sure about your back pain - what about a hot water bottle or wheat bag?

leannac Sun 13-Jan-13 18:43:24

Oh I thought paracetomol was bad for baby as it caused undescended testicles? Have I randomly dreamt this? I'd LOVE some paracetomol!!!

Msbluesky32 Sun 13-Jan-13 18:05:30

Tickly

Msbluesky32 Sun 13-Jan-13 18:04:56

Poor you. You can suck glycerine pastilles and inhale olbas oil. Paracetamol is still ok too. Can you get a warm bath? I found that a slice of lemon and a teaspoon of honey in warm water helped a thickly cough and throat too.

leannac Sun 13-Jan-13 18:01:01

Any tips to relieve nasty cold & hideous middle & lower back pain without taking nasty medicines that are bad for baby....all whilst taking care of a poorly toddler??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now