Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Grumpy - 34 wks with horrible sore throat, cough & cold, 20 month old daughter sick with same nasty cold & DH about to fly overseas with work for 3 wks :-((

(5 Posts)
leannac Sun 13-Jan-13 18:01:01

Any tips to relieve nasty cold & hideous middle & lower back pain without taking nasty medicines that are bad for baby....all whilst taking care of a poorly toddler??

Msbluesky32 Sun 13-Jan-13 18:04:56

Poor you. You can suck glycerine pastilles and inhale olbas oil. Paracetamol is still ok too. Can you get a warm bath? I found that a slice of lemon and a teaspoon of honey in warm water helped a thickly cough and throat too.

Msbluesky32 Sun 13-Jan-13 18:05:30

Tickly

leannac Sun 13-Jan-13 18:43:24

Oh I thought paracetomol was bad for baby as it caused undescended testicles? Have I randomly dreamt this? I'd LOVE some paracetomol!!!

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 13-Jan-13 18:58:31

Standard paracetamol was the only drug the pharmacist would let me have when I popped in with a stinking cold on tuesday.
He recommended and I did the steaming bowl of boiling water with a couple of drops of olbas oil to clear the sinuses which provided temproary relief.
I did the same as bluesky but a bit more intense. Squeeze half a lemon into a mug plus more like a dessert/table spoon of honey and topped with just off the boil hot water!
Not sure about your back pain - what about a hot water bottle or wheat bag?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now