Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bridesmaid dress-related meltdown

(13 Posts)
MyFriendGoo Sun 13-Jan-13 13:20:59

Have scoured department stores but only maternity wear -this is a great idea, there's a Coast in our Debenhams I hadn't looked at as had only been looking at mat dresses. Could definitely live with up to £150 if I could wear again! Mission for next week's lunchtimes is set smile

Coast do some nice dresses that are strapless and floaty from under your chest. If you look online at the portobello, that kind of thing. Although its not maternity it will cover your bump at that stage. Just depends how big your chest has increased you might need a size up but although its expensive you might get to wear it again after baby's born?
Also have a look online at next and mama and papas they both still have a sale online, where you can collect from store if that's easier then you can try on there and then and return if needed?
Have you looked at the usual dept stores Debenhams, John Lewis etc?

MyFriendGoo Sun 13-Jan-13 12:02:08

Like the New Look dress Horrace, hoping they'll have it in when I go and take back my last mistake blush

MyFriendGoo Sun 13-Jan-13 11:56:49

Thanks so much everyone, there are some really lovely dresses here. I have looked through lots of these sites already, I can very rarely get to the PO to send stuff back though and have already bought a couple of costly mistakes! I suppose there's just not a fool-proof way to shop with a bump unless you're well provided for in terms of actual shops with mat sections where you can go in and try things on. I'm hoping the couple we have locally will get some new stock in soon!

bugger, some are long still as slow typing. All good sights though.

Ellypoo Sun 13-Jan-13 11:43:57

ASOS might be worth a look too - I'm sorry I can't link cos on my phone.

Lovely and a whole lot cheaper.
Asos, Asos, Tiffany Rose, Clover Mums. Any of these possibilities?

Gurraun Sun 13-Jan-13 11:39:05

Tiffany Rose has some gorgeous dresses. They are expensive but have a high resale value on eBay.

bearcub1 Sun 13-Jan-13 11:35:32

How about one of these multi way dresses from www.inoneclothing.co.uk

MyFriendGoo Sun 13-Jan-13 11:35:01

That's gorgeous!! Forgot to say we have to be in short dresses as bride is in long... will definitely be looking at the rest of the site though, thankyou grin

Here. Isabella Oliver. I love this dress. You should have a more noticeable bump by then too and not look squidgy. Even if you do though, this dress will be comfy and look lovely.

VariousBartimaeus Sun 13-Jan-13 11:19:47

No real ideas except maybe a skirt and top?
Or a stretchy wrap dress?

MyFriendGoo Sun 13-Jan-13 11:02:31

I'm going to be 26 weeks pg at my best friend's wedding next month and still desperately looking for a dress... my shape seems to be changing almost daily at the moment! I'm very fortunate that she's chosen black for us to wear, but even so there isn't much choice where I live if you're on a budget, and I'm finding it a struggle to get to the post office to send items back when ordering online. There are three maids, I will be stood next to two stunners who have already bought beautiul frocks and I'm expecting to feel like a bit of a potato sack! I gained a lot in first tri, and though it's slowed down now I'm still a size bigger than normal, with a bump that doesn't look quite bump-like yet. No idea how much of the "I look terrible in this" when I try things on is just my own neurosis!

Has anyone else experienced the bridesmaid-wobbles when pregnant? Anybody got any hot tips for places to get formal maternity evening dresses that still look a bit trendy? Advice on how to buy a dress when you're not sure how big you'll be? I've got just less than four weeks to go...

Any advice appreciated, I'm normally quite level-headed and delighted to finally be a bridesmaid (and finally be pregnant after a fair while trying!) - getting quite cross at my own insecurities!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now