Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Significant pain 22 weeks pregnant

(15 Posts)
10storeylovesong Sat 19-Jan-13 16:40:00

That sounds horrible and very uncomfortable. Have they said how long it might be like that for?

Reenypip Sat 19-Jan-13 12:39:49

Hiya, feeling yucky....stupid bowels of mine stopped working for nearly a month now even with the huge amount of bowel meds I take.
In hospital giving me the max dose of everything, incase it brings on labour.
I usually use a bowel catheter (peristeen) and was on a new drug prucalopride) but it a no no not to use in pregnancy.

10storeylovesong Sat 19-Jan-13 08:34:10

Hi Reeny - I've just seen this post too. How are you getting on? xxx

berri Fri 18-Jan-13 17:52:50

Hi Reeny - just found this - how are you doing today?

SophieBirkBirk Fri 18-Jan-13 16:47:41

Go straight to the hospital, I let them mess me around and I lost my little boy at 23 weeks. Better safe than sorry, hope you and baby are doing Ok! thanks X

looneytune Fri 18-Jan-13 09:38:58

Sorry to hear that. Do they know the problem? Take care and keep us posted x

rainand Fri 18-Jan-13 00:10:24

Reenyrip, sorry to hear that, hope it all goes well. Keep us updated.

Reenypip Thu 17-Jan-13 23:58:07

Saw consultant at antenatal and have been admitted

looneytune Sat 12-Jan-13 21:54:11

Oh bless you. Well I'm not sure how it works where you are but where I am, after 16 weeks we call the Day Assessment Unit on the Maternity Labour Ward (24 hours) with any problems. Is there something like that at your local hospital? I always do that instead of calling my own midwife (even though I really like her and she turned up just in time for ds2's delivery, just feel better calling a ward than hassling the one person if I don't have to). Did you get a leaflet with phone numbers in your bounty pack?

Reenypip Sat 12-Jan-13 21:39:42

I do also have uti's a lot because of the bladder/bowel problems. So it could be that just unsure as felt different. But because I have a spinal injury my feeling isn't 100%.

Reenypip Sat 12-Jan-13 21:38:20

Thanks all. I'm constantly chronically constipated. It could be that too.
My midwife only works 2 days a week.

looneytune Sat 12-Jan-13 19:39:53

I agree with phoning. If it is a UTI they can get your ABs sorted out as it's important to clear UTI's before they get too bad (I know from my previous pregnancy).

Let us know how you get on x

Bunnychan Sat 12-Jan-13 18:56:55

Try a hot water bottle whilst you are waiting. I had terrible constipation pain the other day and that helped me but check in with your mw too x

InPraiseofOldHouses Sat 12-Jan-13 17:16:16

I recommend ringing the midwife. I rang mine a little bit ago and they'll be able to tell you whether to relax and have a cup of tea or to go in and see them. They get these calls all the time.

Reenypip Sat 12-Jan-13 17:09:18

Having strong period like cramps in low abdo then up a bit around hips into my back.
Feel really sick too.
I'm 22w 3d pregnant.
It could be a uti or something else. Could it be growing pain?
Not sure what to do right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now