Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bargain baby thread

(108 Posts)

Following on from the brilliant Christmas bargain threads, is there anything similar for baby stuff? I was thinking somewhere we could share info on where we have had a special deal or bargain that may help others. Maybe a certain shop with nappies on offer, a sale on high chairs etc. Is there a need?

My local POundland has single pairs of Trumpettes socks in. Their stacking cups are also dds favourite toy.

LaurenCaddy Fri 11-Jan-13 21:48:17

Waterwipes are amazing, there cheaper on amazon than NCT website. I can't use cotton wool, massive phobia, so waterwipes are perfect for a newborn bum, definitely look them up!

Kiddicare is epic. I got a white cotbed with foam mattress, free next day delivery £117.99 < I think that is pretty damn awesomes.

Amazon in general can be really good.

Asda baby event is fab.

Oodhousekeeping Fri 11-Jan-13 22:01:31

rainand I can't stand the smell!

JollyToddles Fri 11-Jan-13 22:02:43

I don't like huggies or pampers wipes. Tesco unscented are my faves followed by Morrison's or Asda.

Creamtea1 Fri 11-Jan-13 22:07:39

Another vote for home bargains. Huggies newborn extra soft nappies 96 for £10.
blush I like Huggies pure wipes
Can I still stay?

rainand Fri 11-Jan-13 22:39:38

I suspect waterwipes are the purest and best. Are they on sale anywhere?

LaurenCaddy Fri 11-Jan-13 22:46:06

WaterWipes Baby Wipes 240 Wipes | 4 Packs of 60 Baby Wipes by DermaH2O = £8.99
WaterWipes 720 Baby Wipes | 12 Packs of 60 Baby Wipes by DermaH2O = £25.01
Both Amazon

NCt, they're £2.49 each.

Works out cheaper buying bulk smile

Blending Fri 11-Jan-13 22:56:43

The Lidl wipes are actually my personal favourite, large, very moist, strong and only lightly scented and 79p a pack! The nappys are good there too, but only for size 3 and up, so not newborn.

LaurenCaddy Fri 11-Jan-13 22:59:23

Plus, highly recommend http://www.quidco.com

So i spent £117.99 on Kiddicare but through this website i got 7% cashback and i got £7.18 back, straight to my card. So a cotbed and mattress for £102.60 :D

Each day different companies have different rates of cashback, so atm Next is 2%, GAP is 12% (!!!!) only for the next 2 days tho, Asos 3% cashback,

Basically there's loads of big companies on there, so save extra using that :D

Wow this thread has grown loads. Thanks everyone! thanks
I'm now on the hunt for bargains to return the favour.

From experience, when the supermarkets come to the end of their baby events, thy reduce their non standard stocks even further, not nappies and wipes as they just go back to normal price, but asda I have noticed always have tommy tippee stuff reduced further at the end of the sale. If you're not desperate for stuff then def try an wait til then
alternatively keep any receipts in case stuff gets reduced then buy again and return the original blush

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 12-Jan-13 09:46:41

Amazon subscribe and save is great and often works out cheaper for nappies and wipes, sometimes 12 packs of huggies/pampers are £8-9.

TwitchyTail Sat 12-Jan-13 09:48:24

Argos has some really discounted moses baskets at the moment.

DeathMetalMum Sat 12-Jan-13 11:57:52

Boots are always worth looking at for larger items they have a large collection online. I got my stroller for dd from their for less than half price (was £189 got it for £89)

FirstTimeForEverything Sat 12-Jan-13 12:33:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

The asda baby event is online from 17th but in store from 21st.
Not sure why the online starts so much earlier?

JollyToddles Sat 12-Jan-13 13:52:18

Sports Direct are selling off lots of JJB stock and have things like Lonsdale yoga pants for £5.99. If you are looking for things to slob about in post-birth then there might be worth a look.

FirstTimeForEverything Sat 12-Jan-13 14:17:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

enjay0811 Sat 12-Jan-13 20:54:45

I regularly check the ukhotdeals website for deals posted in kids section. Got an app for it. Always lots of bargains recommended...got a pack of 6 huge muslins for 6 quid delivered the other day, via Amazon.

Tweet2tweet Sat 12-Jan-13 21:09:32

Just bought cossatto wardrobe and cotbed set from kiddisave for £299 down from £700.

Home bargains have Moses baskets for £12.99 in store at moment and various Tomee Tippee toys for £1.99

Aldi do best wipes (unscented) and nappies IMO. They've won various awards and one of the cheapest. At the last baby event it was something like 80 nappies for £7.50

rainand Sat 12-Jan-13 21:23:04

Tweet2tweet, is the moses basket at that price with the stand??

KelleStar Sat 12-Jan-13 21:29:32

Lanisinoh disposable breast pads are pretty awesome. Saw them in sainsbo's with a 1/3 off and bought a box in preparation, last time it took me forever to find them, I had fountains so they worked for me.

I am an aldi wipe and nappy convert after doing a MN test with DD 2 years ago. She's two and i still buy them for her, good fit, no chemical smell and great wipes for 79p. Aldi is a fair old trek for me, so stock up every month or so, it's worth the trip for me.

Grobags were in TK Maxx for £18 the official brand ones, great price.

Agree with the boots sale/discount shelves, picked a branded travel grobag up for £8 recently. Also got our recent car seat from them, they were the cheapest price, and got tons of points with baby club offers and other things, it was also on 3 for 2 mix and match with other pricey items. Was worth the saving.

Debenhams blue cross sale is coming soon for lingerie. I went last year to be fitted after finishing breast feeding DD and was picking up panache bras for £4-8 it was amazingly cheap, I think I only planned on two new bras and came out with 10 for the same price. They also had lots of nursing bras as well, I plan on getting some new nursing bras next time their sale starts. Though will admit that I am small of back and big of cup, so think they are sizes that aren't as popular in some shades, but I love bright bras, makes me happy knowing I've got something wild underneath smile

Hemlet Sat 12-Jan-13 21:34:05

Great car seat half price in argos £39.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/9011007.htm

Hemlet Sat 12-Jan-13 21:34:23

kellestar do you know when the lingerie sale at debenhams starts? I really need to get done new bras!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now