Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you get your BFP?

(13 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Thu 10-Jan-13 23:48:22

Me and DH are TTC at the moment. Already have one DS who wasn't planned and I only found out around 6 weeks when I realised my period hadn't arrived blush

Trying to decide when it's worth taking a pregnancy test, so please can you tell me when you tested positive, was it only after your period was due?

Midori1999 Fri 11-Jan-13 00:50:33

With my twins I got my BFP two days before my period was due, with DD I got my BFP on CD21, so I can only assume I ovulated early that cycle as I don't normally ovulate until around CD21, but I'm an obsessive tester. blush

Kelerina Fri 11-Jan-13 08:05:07

I tested positive about 5 days after my period was due.........I had miscalculated and realised I was actually 5 days late as opposed to 3, BFP!

Tinselandchocolates Fri 11-Jan-13 08:28:39

10 DPO for me.
If I remember rightly from the leaflet in the FRER box, about 60-70% positive at 9dpo, up to 99% at 16dpo. So it depends a bit on how long your latent phase is. The best way to be sure of the result is to wait, but I wasn't any good at that so bought Internet cheapies and confirmed with FRER.
You also have to decide if you'd want to know about a "chemical" pregnancy. Up to 50% of pregnancies are lost and many of these are even before your period is due. 2nd pg I knew I was pregnant for a week before I lost it, whereas if I hadn't tested early, I'd probably have just thought my period was a couple of days late. I'd rather know though, at least I knew I could get pregnant. Just something to think about.
Very best of luck. TTC is incredibly stressful.

Rache1S Fri 11-Jan-13 08:36:55

12DPO for my BFP grin Good luck!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 11-Jan-13 08:48:27

12dpo. Puked at work, that was my first clue. Got a BFP on an Internet cheapy two days before AF was due and rushed out and bought a First Response early response test gave me a clear line. Waited until 2 days after AF was due to try a digital!

GoodnessMeNoGinInTheHouse Fri 11-Jan-13 09:04:42

I tested neg when period was due but pos a week after...

plonko Fri 11-Jan-13 09:10:05

Very faint line two days before I was due, had to squint to see! Strong bfp 4 days later.

beckie90 Fri 11-Jan-13 09:21:43

Ds1, 3 days after period due, ds2 4 days before but id ovulated 2 days early, this time 1/2 days after, but think I ovulated few days later than usual so I was about a day b4 period due x

weeblueberry Fri 11-Jan-13 09:30:44

It was about 2 days before my period was due. I only did it because I went to see the pharmacist who asked if I was pregnant because I was run down. I just said no I wasn't but when I went home did a test to put it out my mind. Was a little surprised when it came up positive!!

10storeylovesong Fri 11-Jan-13 09:58:13

I started being sick 5 days before period due but had negative tests until 3 days before, then had really clear results on both digital and not.

Countmyblessings Fri 11-Jan-13 15:00:24

Faint line 2 days before but felt really anxious after having ectopic and tube removal! Day of AF feeling cramps but no show did a dig and there in written pregnant 2-3 weeks was in shock!!!! 31 weeks now!
Good luck xx

Eletheomel Fri 11-Jan-13 15:40:51

With this current pregnancy, I tested when my period was 3 days late. I had very regular 26 day cycles after I had my son, so felt sure something was up.

However, before I had my son, my periods were very variable (24-32 days) so I probably waited until 34, 35 days before testing that time (as I wasn't sure if I was just having a later period that month). I also didnt necessarily believe the first BFP, so tested another 3 times during the 5 days that followed before going to GP (we had been ttc for 3 years and I don't think I could believe my luck :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now